--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:08:32 -0600
From: "T.C. Herman" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: The GIS Data Depot Portal Site is Now On-line

We are pleased to announce the grand re-opening of The GIS Data
 Depot (www.gisdatadepot.com). This "supersite" for GIS data now
allows users to download geographic data at no cost, or to create
custom CDs from a catalog of over one million domestic and
international datasets. These datasets include nearly all
digitally available USGS 24K, 100K, 250K DLG quadrangles, numerous
statewide datasets, DEMs, DRGs, DOQQs, and satellite imagery. Most
of the vector data is available in E00, SHP, MIF, DXF, or DLG SDTS
format and the raster data is available in TIFF or JPEG format.

We are looking for additional sponsors to help contribute to the
open exchange and free transfer of geospatial data over the Internet.
Please show your support of the GIS Data Depot by linking to our
Web site, by making pages possible through banner sponsorship, or
by providing data to the GIS Data Depot that can be shared with the
GIS Community.

Through the creation of this portal site, we intend to promote the
advancement and future growth of the GIS industry into the
mainstream user community. If you are looking for data or have data
that you would like to share with the public, this is the site.
Check it out!

The GIS Data Depot

--- End Forwarded Message ---