]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CILIATEMOLBIO-L Home

CILIATEMOLBIO-L  July 2018

CILIATEMOLBIO-L July 2018

Re: Ciliate Genetics and Epigenetics Special Issue

Ronald Pearlman <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 29 Jul 2018 09:28:00 -0400

Dear colleagues: As recently posted on this listserve, see below, there is
a plan for a special issue of Genes on Ciliate Genetics and Epigenetics.
With Drs. J.S. Fillingham and J.-P. Lambert, we are planning to present a
review on proteomics focused on chromatin dynamics and epigenetics for
this issue. The tentative title of our review is "Comparative and
Functional Proteomics of Tetrahymena thermophila: Insights, Strategies,
and Tools-A Review". We will focus on Tetrahymena but will also include
relevant information from other ciliates.

We will focus on mass spectrometry aspects of proteomics, in particular
protein/protein interactome studies but will include other broader aspects
of proteomics related to chromatin dynamics and epigenetics as well. We
will attempt to comprehensively review the literature and we hope to be as
up to date as possible. To this end, if anyone has work in progress
including manuscripts in preparation or submitted that they are willing to
share, we would be greatful to receive this information for possible
inclusion.

Although the deadline for submission for this issue is March 31, 2019, we
hope to prepare the review and submit as soon as possible. We would be
greatful to receive any information that you are willing to provide as
soon as possible.

Thank you for your consideration and possible contributions. Please send
things to me and let me know if you have any questions.

        Ron

Dr. Ronald E. Pearlman           [log in to unmask]
Associate Scientific Director
Co-ordinator, Student Outreach Programs
The Gairdner Foundation
Past President and Advisor
Royal Canadian Institute (RCI) for the Advancement of Science
University Professor Emeritus and Senior Scholar
Dept. of Biology
Director, Core Molecular Biology Facility
York University
4700 Keele St., Toronto, Ontario, Canada M3J 1P3
Phone:416-736-5241; FAX:416-736-5698