]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

ISL Home

ISL  October 2000

ISL October 2000

Weekly Announcements, Monday October 30, 2000

ugaisl <[log in to unmask]>

Int'l. Student Life Office

Mon, 30 Oct 2000 16:22:18 -0500

text/plain

This week's announcements from ISL - Improving Student Life.

International Student Life events and related events
1. Coffee Hour Returns
2. FREE Thanksgiving Feast
3. Street Festival Planning Meeting
4. Diwali Night '00
5. "Around the World in Tatey Days" An Intercultural Exchange
6. World Ambassador Meeting
7. "Red"

Other University Events
1. Alternative Spring Break
2. Sneak Preview

International Student Life events
=================================
1. We're back!  Welcome to Coffee Hour, this week's sponsors are the
Thai Student Association and the First Assembly of God.  Coffee provided
by Jittery Joe's.  All coffee hours are free.  We invite you to enjoy
international foods as well as international entertainment. Coffee hour
is located in the Memorial Hall Ballroom from 11:30 - 1:30 p.m. every
friday.

2. The ISL Office in conjunction with the Baptist Student Union is
hosting a FREE
Thanksgiving dinner for UGA international students, ALP students, and
their families, on Tuesday, November 21st at 6:15 PM at the Baptist
Student Union on Lumpkin Street.  Contact the ISL office at 542-5867 to
reserve your space.  The deadline to sign up is Tuesday, November 7th at
the ISL Office, 210 Memorial Hall.

3. ISL Office would like to meet with anyone interested in helping plan
the International Street Festival for April 2001.  Our first planning
meeting will be on Wednesday, November 1, at 5 p.m. at the ISL Office
lounge.  Please come to Room 210 Memorial Hall.  We hope to have a
productive meeting on the Street Festival.  We need students to help
with advertising, fundraising, and program planning. You can visit our
website at: for photos and information on last year's festival. Contact
Saehee Chang at 542-5867 if you are interested in helping.

4. The Indian Student Association cordially invites all of you to the
Festival of Lights!!! Diwali Nite '00.  An evening of grand Indian
cuisine and festivities, Saturday, November 4th, 7:00 p.m. at Flinchum's
Phoenix.  Participate and win grand prizes in "Antakshari". Tickets
$7:50.  For tickets and more information contact Atin Tomar at 227-6920,

5. The UGA campus community is invited to "Around the World in Tatey
Days-An Intercultural Exchange" a program to promote international
awareness and intercultural exchange at the Tate Student Center Plaza
area, on Wednesday, November 15, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Rain
location: Memorial Hall Ballroom)  Over 20 international and
multicultural student organizations will feature educational displays
on their organizations and countries.  There will also be lively
cultural performances and presentations by these organizations.  This
free event is held for the  first time at UGA to celebrate
International Education Week which begins November 13th.  Please come
out and support the international community at UGA!  For more
information, call 542-5867.

6. World Ambassador meeting, Tuesday, October 31 at 6:00 pm, ISL Lounge.
It will be a fun, Halloween meeting, so come find out what we will be
doing!

7. The European Student Association will show the movie "Red" in the
screening room of the Library (7th floor) at 8:00 p.m. on November 2nd.
Contact  for mroe information

Other University Events
========================
1. Alternative Spring Break.  Service Trips focusing on Poverty,
Children's Health care, aids, wildlife rescue, battered women, cultural
awareness.  Pick up applications at the Tate Center.  Open house at
Thursday, November 2nd, 7 p.m. Tate Student Center, Georgia Hall A.

2. "Charlies Angels" Movie Screening on Wednesday, November 1st, 9:00
pm. Free passes available at the day of show beginning at 9:00 a.m. at
Tate Cashier Window.  Call 706-542-6396 for more information.

--
International Student Life