Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SISA-L Home

SISA-L  April 2001

SISA-L April 2001

Announcements from the OIE

"Deborah L. Andersen" <[log in to unmask]>

Deborah L. Andersen

Thu, 19 Apr 2001 12:12:07 -0400

text/plain

Bilingual Administrative Assistant Position
The position is in the Greater Atlanta Area.  It is a Bilingual
Administrative Assistant to the President of a major manufacturing company.
 This person will be involved in high-level meetings with clients,
corporate, and supplier guests.  They will be a key component to the
successful launch of a new manufacturing facility.  This person has to be
flexible as travel with the President of the Company is required.

Resumes can be sent care of Stuart Campbell
Mail: Snelling Search 2401 E. Washington St. Suite 1B Bloomington, Illinois
61704
E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Phone:  (309) 663-0482 Ext. 11
Fax:  (309 663-6686

COORDINATOR OF USAC ENROLLMENT SERVICES
COORDINATOR OF BUDGET AND PERSONNEL
The University Studies Abroad Consortium, with administrative offices at
the University of Nevada, Reno, is seeking candidate applications for
two full-time administrative faculty positions.  Duties include, but are
not limited to:

Coordinator, USAC Enrollment Services:
Hands-on management of the USAC Program student registration and
application process, coordination of the receipt and distribution of
student documents and files, collection of enrollment records of
students on USAC programs, management of student registration for all
partnership programs, collection of course materials from partnership
schools, and analysis and creation of reports for statistical analysis.
Candidates should have a record of demonstrated highly productive,
detail oriented management skills.

Coordinator, Budget and Personnel:
Primary duties: creation and oversight of uniform accounting systems and
budgets; maintenance and review of current contracts; creation of
budgeting projections and trend analysis; collection and dispersal of
funds.
Secondary duties: oversight of personnel contracts and payroll process;
coordination of various entities regarding student finances, financial
aid, scholarships and records; preparation of research reports and
statistics as needed.

USAC is a consortium of twenty-four universities offering study abroad
programs in seventeen countries.

For complete position description and requirements, contact: Cyndi
Maytan, 775-784-6569, or view http://jobs.unr.edu.  For full
consideration, apply by April 27, 2001. EEO/AA

Participate in an academic study?
=================================
The purpose of this message is to request your participation in an academic
study.  Participation will take
approximately five minutes. We would appreciate your participation.  If you
would like additional information about this project, about the researchers,
or additional contact information, please feel free to read the remainder of
this message.
Otherwise, you may go directly to the following URL:

http://www.coba.unt.edu/MKTG/faculty/albers/cb/cbwelcome.htm

My name is Carolina Janene Thomsen and I am a graduate student at University
of North Texas. I am currently conducting a research on Cross Culture
Consumer Behavior under the supervision of Dr. Nancy Albers-Miller.

Dr. Nancy Albers-Miller is an Assistant Professor of the Marketing at the
University of North Texas.  Please feel free to contact the University of
North Texas web site to view additional information about her or the
university at http://www.coba.unt.edu/MKTG/faculty/albers. As part of her
responsibilities to the university, she conducts academic research.  She is
currently supervising this project as well as several other projects on a
variety of marketing issues.

Our current study examines cross-cultural influences on consumer behavior.
You have been selected as a possible respondent for this study because you
may be a first generation child of parents from different nationalities or
first generation child of immigrants.  Your opinion is very important to us.
We would really appreciate your participation in this study.  To
participate, you need only to go to the URL listed below and complete a
web-based questionnaire.  Completing the questionnaire should take
approximately five minutes.  Your responses will not be linked to you
personally in any way.

The data are being collected for academic purposes only.  The consolidated
results from this study will be submitted for publication in a research
journal.  These data are NOT being collected for commercial purposes.
Academic research helps us to understand the environment of business more
precisely.  All businesses, worldwide, stand to benefit equally from
research conducted and published by educators. The research we conduct makes
us better professionals, teachers and trainers for current and future
university students.

Please feel free to email me, or Dr. Nancy Albers-Miller personally if you
have any questions or concerns. My email address is [log in to unmask]
Dr. Nancy Albers-Miller can be reached at [log in to unmask]

If you would like to proceed please go to the following URL:
http://www.coba.unt.edu/MKTG/faculty/albers/cb/cbwelcome.htm

Thank you very much for your thoughtful consideration.
Sincerely,
Carolina Janene Thomsen
Graduate Student of the University of North Texas
9373 FM 428
Aubrey, TX   76227
USA
Phone: (940) 898-1051

Nancy D. Albers-Miller, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
University of North Texas
College of Business Administration
Department of Marketing
P. O. Box 311396
Denton, TX 76203?1396
USA
Phone:(940)565-2695
Fax: (940) 565-3837

Student Quote from a student in Salamanca, Spain
We spent a really nice time there.   I have visited, and I would definitely
want to come back when Ill have such an opportunity. Thank you for keeping
me posted with the news on campus and in the world. Sincerely, Ioulia
Zaitseva

Office of International Education
University of Georgia
201 Barrow Hall