]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

SISA-L Home

SISA-L  August 2001

SISA-L August 2001

Announcements from the Office of International Education

Lindsey Parsons <[log in to unmask]>

Lindsey Parsons <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 17 Aug 2001 08:56:24 -0400

text/plain

Welcome back to school to those of you who were gone for the summer, or
just welcome to the new freshmen. The Office of International Education
(OIE) sends out these e-mails once a week to keep you informed of
international events and opportunities. During the summer our offices
moved. Our main office is now located in 209 Barrow Hall and our Study
Abroad Library is located in 203F Barrow Hall. We will start holding
Options Abroad Sessions again beginning Monday, August 27. Sessions are
held on Mondays from 3:35 - 4:25 p.m., Wednesdays from 10:10-11:00 a.m. and
Thursdays from 12:20-1:10 p.m. To sign up for a session, please call
542-7903.

***********************

New Study Abroad Catalogs Available

The 2001-2002 Study Abroad Catalogs have just arrived from the printers.
Come pick up your copy from the Study Abroad Library in 203F Barrow Hall.

***********************

Study Abroad Fair

The 17th Annual University of Georgia Study, Work & Travel Abroad Fair will
be held this year on Tuesday, October 2, 2001 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
in the Tate Student Center, Georgia Hall. Last year, about 1,500 students
attended the fair and received information on programs from about 80
different universities, organizations or individual program directors. Mark
your calendars now!

***********************

Job Announcements in International Education

Marketing and Admissions Coordinator
Living Routes  Ecovillage Education
Shutesbury, MA

Assistant Director of Off-Campus Study
Colgate University
Hamilton, NY

Web and Publications Coordinator
School for International Training
Brattleboro, VT

Program Officer
The Center for Global Education
George Mason University
Fairfax, VA

Seigakuin Atlanta International School
Part-time ESL/English teacher (5-10 hours per week)
Atlanta, GA

Two positions: Business Analyst and Quality Assurance Analyst
International Company (name not given)
Must be fluent in Japanese for either position
Atlanta, GA

Technical Writer/Translator (1-2 month project)
Must be fluent in Japanese
Marietta, GA

For the full announcement on any position, please reply and specify which
one(s).

***********************

Student Quotes

- From a student in Salamanca and Barcelona, Spain
"People in Spain are far more tolerant of language barriers than are
Americans . . . everyone has been happy to work with me to understand what
I am trying to communicate, strangers and acquaintances alike. We have a
lot to learn from them when it comes to understanding and compassion."

- From a student in Florence, Italy
"[My most interesting experience so far was] my private visit to the
Vatican - seeing the Sistine Chapel with only 26 other people and being
lectured while there."

Office of International Education
University of Georgia
209 Barrow Hall