Announcements from the OIE

Lindsey Parsons <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 10 May 2002 11:40:10 -0400

text/plain

To Students Going Abroad this Summer

For those going abroad this summer, have a great trip! And if you think of
it, pick up a trinket for the International Silent Auction that the Student
Council on Globalization will hold in the fall to raise money for study
abroad scholarships.

******************************

OIE Open in the Summer

The OIE is open all summer M-F 8-5 for students to meet with Study Abroad
Advisors or visit the Study Abroad Library. To schedule an appointment,
please call 542-7903. Options Abroad Sessions will be resumed again in the
fall.

******************************

Credit Approval Forms - Add/Drop UGA Summer Courses before Turning In

If you will be studying abroad this summer on a non-UGA study abroad
program, please be sure to turn in your Credit Approval form at least 3
weeks before departure in order to get your financial aid on time. Also,
please make sure that you have made any adjustments to any other summer
courses you'll be taking on the UGA campus before submitting the form. Once
you submit the form, your record will be flagged for study abroad for the
term you are going abroad and you won't be able to make any other
adjustments to your schedule for the summer term without calling our office
to have the flag temporarily removed first.

******************************

Summer Orientation Volunteers Needed

If you have already studied abroad, will be in Athens for the summer and
have any extra time, the OIE is looking for students to help with
parent/student information sessions and manning the OIE's table at the fair
at freshman orientation sessions held throughout the summer. If you are
interested in helping out, please reply to this message.

******************************

Scholarship Deadline Extended

Cultural Experiences Abroad (CEA) has extended its Fall Scholarship
application deadline to June 1st, 2002. CEA has programs to Australia,
France, Italy, Mexico, Costa Rica, Argentina, Spain, the U.K. and Ireland.
For more information, please see:
<http://www.GoWithCEA.com/apply/scholarships.asp>.

******************************

International Job Announcements

John Cabot University
Rome, Italy
Career Counselor

Program Manager
Open World Program
Moscow, Russia

Tanzania In-Country Coordinator
Global Service Corps
in San Francisco, CA for the first month, followed by 6-12 months in
Arusha, Tanzania

For the complete announcement, please reply to this e-mail and specify
which job(s).

******************************

Job Announcements in International Education

International Honors Program
Admissions Director
Boston, MA

Program Associate
Japan Study
Richmond, IN

Program Assistant for Study Abroad (Office Support III)
The University of Missouri-Columbia (MU)
Columbia, Missouri

For the complete announcement, please reply to this e-mail and specify
which job(s).

******************************

Student Quotes

-From a student studying in Florence, Italy

"I thought the city was gorgeous. The cobblestone streets, historic
buildings, beautiful architecture, and magnificent artwork made my new home
seem like a fairy tale. I didn't have time to suffer from extreme culture
shock since local Italians are very welcoming . . ."

Office of International Education
University of Georgia
209 Barrow Hall
Athens, GA  30602-2407