AGED-2001-2008-L November 2002

Opportunity

Blane Marable <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 4 Nov 2002 16:18:21 -0500

text/plain

If you would like for your FFA members to have the opportunity to win some
plaques and recognition, here is a great opportunity.

Over 80 plaques total will be given out to the teams list below at the
Regional and State Envirothon competition!   Below is a list of teams that
have registered so far for the 2003 Georgia Envirothon competition.  The
early-bird registration deadline has been extended a few more weeks to the
end of November.  The registration cost for a team is $125.00.  After
November, it goes up to $150.00.  The registration fee covers the cost of
plaques for all region competitions and the state competition.  It also
covers t-shirts for all 6 team members and the advisors.  T-shirts will be
given out at the Region competition.  The dates and location of the Region
competitions are listed below.  The top four teams in each region will
advance on to compete in the State Envirothon at Jekyll island on May 2 and
3.  If your team advances on to the state competition, no additional
registration fee is required.  Your room and board at Jekyll Island will be
provided.  If your team is the state winner, all expenses for you and your
team will be provided as your team represents Georgia in the National
Envirothon this summer.

Also, the top FFA team in each of the four regions will receive a Region
FFA plaque, sponsored by the Georgia Forestry Commission.  Only one FFA
team is registered so far in the West Region and only 2 teams in the North
Region.   As soon as you register a team, a CD and other study materials
will be sent to you.  Four to six students make up a team and they compete
in problem solving skills in the area of wildlife, forestry, landjudging,
water and a current event topic which is  Agricultural Land Conservation
for this year.

You may find more information on the Envirothon at the Georgia Envirothon
website and you can register on-line.  A map showing the break-down of the
Envirothon regions is on the site also.  The web address is
www.georgiaenvirothon.org

A list of contacts can be found in the Envirothon Guide on the website.
These contacts can provide you with names of local state and federal
personnel that can assist you in training your team.  The team is a true
team with all members working together to solve the hands-on problems.
Please call or e-mail me if you have questions.  Information on the
National Envirothon can be found at www.envirothon.org

                  2003 Georgia Envirothon Registration
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
|  North Region   |   East Region   |   West Region   |  South Region   |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
|     4-1-02      |     3-26-03     | 3-26-02 Clayton | 3-19-02  McRae  |
|   Dawsonville   |  Crawfordville  |       Co.       |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 1.  Gilmer Co.  | 1.  Franklin Co.| 1.  Landmark    | 1.  Ware Magnet |
|                 |FFA #1           |Christian        |FFA              |
|                 |                 |(Fairburn)       |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 2.  Rome High   | 2.  Franklin Co.| 2.  North       | 2.  Portal FFA  |
|                 |FFA #2           |Springs (Roswell)|                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 3.  Gordon      | 3.  Augusta Prep| 3.  Stockbridge | 3.  Clinch Co.  |
|Central          |                 |#1               |FFA              |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 4.  Pickens Co. | 4.  Putnam Co.  | 4.  Stockbridge | 4.              |
|FFA              |FFA              |#2               |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 5.  Stephens Co.| 5.  Oconee Co.  | 5.  Stone       | 5.              |
|FFA              |FFA #1           |Mountain #1      |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 6.              | 6.  Oconee Co.  | 6.  Stone       | 6.              |
|                 |FFA #2           |Mountain #2      |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 7.              | 7.  George      | 7.  Lakeside    | 7.              |
|                 |Walton Academy   |(Atlanta)        |                 |
|                 |(Monroe)         |                 |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 8.              | 8.  Monroe Area | 8.  Holy        | 8.              |
|                 |(Walton Co.)     |Innocent's       |                 |
|                 |                 |(Atlanta)        |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 9.              | 9.  Greenbrier  | 9.  Calloway    | 9.              |
|                 |#1 FFA (Evans)   |High FFA (Troup  |                 |
|                 |                 |Co.))            |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 10.             | 10.  Greenbrier | 10.  McIntosh   | 10.             |
|                 |#2 (Evans)       |(Peachtree City) |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 11.             | 11. Evans High  | 11.  Salem #1   | 11.             |
|                 |FFA              |(Conyers)        |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 12.             | 12.             | 12.  Salem #2   | 12.             |
|                 |                 |(Conyers)        |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 13.             | 13.             | 13.             | 13.             |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 14.             | 14.             | 14.             | 14.             |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
| 15.             | 15.             | 15.             | 15.             |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|
|                 |                 |                 |                 |
|-----------------+-----------------+-----------------+-----------------|

Blane Marable
North Region Ag. Education
201 Four Towers Building, UGA