]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CILIATEMOLBIO-L Home

CILIATEMOLBIO-L  May 2005

CILIATEMOLBIO-L May 2005

Paramecium meeting and Janine Beisson's symposium

Jean Cohen <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 24 May 2005 16:17:11 +0200

Dear Colleagues,

Apparently, the mail I sent yesterday to the list
<[log in to unmask]> with the program as an attachment
was refused by the server. I send it again within this message. To
answer questions asked by some of you, everyone is welcome to attend
both meetings (Paramecium meeting and Janine's symposium), even if
(s)he does not work on Paramecium. I am just in the early phase of
organization so I have not all details. I can just say that there will
be registration fees including meals and rooms but I will know the
exact amount only around early october. According to the amount of
money we obtain from the CNRS and possible sponsors, we may reimburse
part of the expanses, especially for young researchers, students and
post-docs.

Although it may be early, it would be very helpful for me to organize
the meeting if you tell me already if you think you would attend it.

Thanks a lot
Jean

PS. Dourdan is 1h train south-west from Paris

ANOUNCEMENT

Dear Colleagues,

        Our European Consortium (Groupement de Recherche Europeen ‘Paramecium
Genomics’) has an internal meeting every two years. Owing to the
ongoing Paramecium genome project, we would like to extend the next
meeting into an open ‘International Paramecium Genomics Meeting’. This
is thus the first announcement to alert you if you want to attend this
meeting:

INTERNATIONAL PARAMECIUM GENOMICS MEETING

3 & 4 MAY 2006

DOURDAN, FRANCE

Practical organization and registration procedure will be given in a
second announcement in early October.

In addition, we would like to combine this meeting with a symposium
dedicated to Janine Beisson in which her major concerns will be
addressed, structural heredity, epigenetics, nucleating centers and
autoassembly:

SYMPOSIUM IN HONOR OF JANINE BEISSON

GIF-SUR-YVETTE, FRANCE

Jean Cohen

PS. Sorry for those of you receiving this mail several times, I send it
to several lists that may overlap

TENTATIVE PROGRAM

International
Paramecium Genomics Meeting

May 3-4, 2006
Dourdan France

Preliminary program

Patrick Wincker (Centre National de Séquençage, Genoscope, Evry
France) : Paramecium macronuclear genome sequencing

Olivier Jaillon (Centre National de Séquençage, Genoscope, Evry
France) : Paramecium macronuclear genome annotation

Laura Landweber (Princeton University, New Jersey, USA) : The Oxytricha
trifallax genome project

Laurent Duret (Université Claude Bernard, Lyon, France) : Analysis of
excision polymorphism in the macronucleus of Paramecium tetraurelia

Eric Meyer (Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France) :
Homology-dependent maternal effects and RNA interference in Paramecium

Mireille Bétermier (Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France) : Precise
excision of Paramecium IESs : the problem of making ends meet

Linda Sperling (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique,
Gif-sur-Yvette, France) : ParameciumDB, an internet resource

James D. Forney (Indiana University, Purdue, Indiana, USA) : Proteins
and pathways required for developmentally regulated DNA elimination in
Paramecium

Judith van Houten (University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, USA) :
Molecular approaches to Chemosensory signal transduction in Paramecium

Helmut Plattner (University of Konstanz, Germany) : Paramecium as a
model system for multiple calcium-based dynamic processes: what we
learned and still expect from molecular biology

Pascale Williams (Université Paris 11, Orsay, France) : Paramecium
tubulins, evolution or revolution ?

Janine BEISSON (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique,
Gif-sur-Yvette, France) :  Centrins and  Centrin-binding proteins in
Paramecium : from genes to assembly of cytoskeletal structures
SYMPOSIUM IN HONOR OF
Janine Beisson

May 5, 2006
Gif-sur-Yvette France

Invited Speakers

Sven Saupe (Université de Bordeaux, France)
Roland Pérasso (Université Paris 11, Orsay, France)
Eric Meyer (Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France)
Michel Wright (Toulouse, France)
Jean-Pierre Mignot (Aubière, France)
Maria Jerka-Dziadosz (Nencki Institute, Warsaw, Poland)
Joseph Frankel (University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA)
Keith Gull (University of Oxford, Great Britain)

<<<<<<<<
Jean Cohen
Centre de Génétique Moléculaire
CNRS, Avenue de la Terrasse