Fw: [CALBIRDS] marked western sandpipers

Robert Wallace <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 11 Apr 2006 04:24:02 -0700

text/plain

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: pat baird <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 3:29:42 PM
Subject: [CALBIRDS] marked western sandpipers

   We are following the western sandpiper again from Panama northward
 towards their nesting grounds in Alaska.  We have stronger batteries on
 this year, and so the radios should last till Vancouver Canada.

 In addition, we have marked all Panama birds with blue on their breasts,
 and all Mexico birds with green on their breasts (approved by USFWS).

 If you see any birds with transmitters (antennas coming off of their
 backs) or any birds with green or blue breasts, please email me at

 We found a Panama bird at Batiquitos Lagoon yesterday.  Last year we
 found Mexico birds at the Santa Maria river and at Morro Bay.  We hope
 to find more this year, and are flying every day north and south along
 the coast.  We have also made some trips up the central valley, but
 heard none of birds there, either this year or last.

 Thanks for your help!

 Pat

 --
 Patricia Baird, Ph.D.
 Director, Kahiltna Research Group

 1-714-231-1563

  Unsubscribe: mailto:[log in to unmask]
 Listowners: mailto:[log in to unmask]

 Turn off email delivery: mailto:[log in to unmask]
 Resume email delivery: mailto:[log in to unmask]

         YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

     Visit your group "CALBIRDS" on the web.