Landscape Teacher Training Griffin

Joe Green <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 24 Jun 2011 13:16:32 -0400

If you attended the Landscape Design Teacher Training this past week in Griffin, here is a link to view some of the photos taken during the training.

Also attached is a "very rough draft" of a typical sequence you may want to consider if you plan to teach this course. Some teachers expressed an interest in a scope and sequence for the course. As noted in the handout, please contact me if you would like to receive any of the specific handouts, worksheets, ppts, noted to teach the subject ...

Thanks to David Brown for a great job, and Dr. Hamlin for coordinating this training.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=eternallygreen&target=ALBUM&id=5621821287322087153&authkey=Gv1sRgCKb13MOeoc_miQE&feat=email

thanks!

Joe
Joe C. Green
Horticulture Teacher - Pope High
FFA Chapter Advisor
http://popehs.typepad.com/mr_green/
www.popehorticulture.com
I.S.A. Certified Arborist - International Society of Arboriculture
770-578-7900, ext. 286
>>> Teri Hamlin 06/13/11 3:33 PM >>>
*CTAERN3250 Landscape Design, Installation, Maintenance Teacher Workshop
Details*

*Goal of the Teacher Workshop:* teach you how, for a given site, conduct a
site analysis, draw a plan, install the plants and hardscapes (rock walls
and water features) and how to plant, mulch, prune, fertilize and provided
environmentally sound maintenance techniques to an established landscape.
The training will be hands-on and dirty.

*What To Bring*: Notebook paper, pencil/pen, camera, cooler with water,
drinks for hydration and snacks.

*What To Wear*: Work clothing (loose and cool), durable shoes, gloves,
sunscreen, hat.

*Directions to Meeting Site:* Southern Crescent Tech, 501 Varsity Road ,
Griffin . Modular unit 8-C. To get to unit: turn on Varsity drive from N.
Expressway and continue straight until you reach the back of the parking
area, then turn right and proceed to the smaller parking area in front of
modular. From there you can see 8-C. Coming off of I-75. Take Hwy 16 toward
Griffin. Go through downtown Griffin, continuing to the intersection of hwy
16 and 19. Veer to the right. Pass Flynt street, Volunteer Park on left,
turn left onto Varsity Dr.. Or... go through intersection with hwy 19 taking
your 1st right onto Spalding Drive. Go straight, through one 4 way stop,
Spalding dead ends into Varsity, take a right. People north of Griffin can
take I-75 south to hwy 19/41 through Clayton county. Stay on until you reach
Griffin. The road will fork, take the right fork, Bus. 19/41. Continue
straight through light passing old shopping center, look for Varsity Road
immediately after passing Southern Crescent lighted sign and fire department
post. Take a right onto Varsity Road If you miss the turn go to Flynt
Street, turn right, then right on Spalding Drive and then left on Varsity
Dr.

*Schedule *June 21, 22, 23: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 24: 9 a.m. to noon

*Hotel Accommodations* Hampton Inn 2007 N. Expressway Griffin,GA
770-229-9900 Nice place, about 3.2 miles north of southern crescent

Comfort Inn and Suites 1906 N. Expressway Griffin, GA 770-229-6001 Across
from Hampton Inn. Nice also

Both have a complimentary breakfast and are about 1.6 miles north from
restaurants. (Applebees, O'Charleys, Chick Fil-a, Zachby's, Pizza Hut, IHop,
Mexican places,McDonalds, etc.)

Teachers Registered to Attend
Mr. Ryan Ayers
Mr. Stacey Beacham
Mrs Abbey Elizabeth Brown
Mr. D Burkett (Larry)
Ms. Sara Clark
Mrs Chansi Coleman
Dr. David Collins
Ms Evelyn Noel Felton (Eve)
Mr. Richard M Gill
Mr Joe Green
Mr. Timothy C Griffeth (Tim)
Ms Sharon Harper
Amanda P. Hefner
Dr. Tom Elliott Marshall
Dustin ONeal
Mrs. Veronica Owens
Mr. Joshua Rogers
Mrs. Sabrina W Stearns-Davis
Mrs. Stephanie Summerlin
Mr. Brandon Franklin Walker

If you have any questions or need additional information please give me a
call. I look forward to working with you this summer. tlh

--
Dr. Teri Hamlin
North Region Agriculture Education

named recipient(s) only.