]

Font:

LISTSERV Archives

CILIATEMOLBIO-L Home

CILIATEMOLBIO-L  May 2016

CILIATEMOLBIO-L May 2016

Re: Last request for funding Ciliate Molecular Biology video

Joachim Schultz <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 17 May 2016 07:21:30 +0200

text/plain

Dear Jeff,

since 2001 I have discontinued to work with ciliates (Paramecium)
which I have enjoyed for about two decades. It really is time to
remove me from e-mail lists. I will not resume working with ciliates.
Best wishes,
Joachim

Zitat von "Kapler, Geoffrey M." <[log in to unmask]>:

> This is the last time I will be soliciting funds through this list
> server.   We have raised ~$4200, including some informal commitments
> ('checks are in the mail').    Time to join in support of this
> worthwhile project, act impulsively and write a check.  Thanks very
> much.
>
> Jeff
>
> Dear Ciliate Molecular Biologist,
> I am writing to follow up on an an email that I sent out on the list
> server four weeks ago (appended below) requesting your help in
> raising funds to support the production of a Ciliate Molecular
> Biology video.  Thus far we have raised $3,585 from personal
> donations and unrestricted research funds.   Ted Clark has lined up
> some of our ‘scientific rock stars’  to participate in the
> production.   Please help us advocate for ciliate molecular biology
> research by contributing whatever you can to this worthwhile cause.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Jeff Kapler
> ==================================
>
> On 4/1/2016 9:05 AM, Kapler, Geoffrey M. wrote:
> In advance of this year’s meeting of the Genetics Society of
> America, the steering committee of the Tetrahymena research
> community (the “TetRA Board”) has endorsed the  creation of a
> promotional video advertising the use of ciliates as model
> organisms.  The target audience for the video will be 1) grant
> administrators; 2) prospective graduate students and postdocs; and,
> 3) established researchers outside the ciliate field who may be
> interested in collaborative projects or in using ciliates for their
> own research. The video will highlight the contributions of ciliate
> investigators to fundamental and applied research, and will touch on
> major themes such as DNA rearrangement, chromosome
> structure/epigenetics, and fundamental mechanisms in cell biology.
>
> To attract the next generation of scientists to join our vibrant
> community, it is increasingly important that we share why we value
> ciliates as research models particularly in the given funding
> climate. Thus, I am writing to request your help to defray the cost
> for the production of the Ciliate Molecular Biology promotional
> video. Although major funding will be provided by the Tetrahymena
> Stock Center at Cornell University, we anticipate that additional
> funds will be needed to meet full production costs (estimated at
> ~$25K).  The video will be produced by Flying Dreams Inc. You can
> view a sampling of their work for the Tetrahymena ASSET (K-12)
> education program by accessing the following link:
> http://www.cornell.edu/video/expedition-science<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cornell.edu_video_expedition-2Dscience&d=BQMD-g&c=cpvmSBWXd8YiHoMtYk_a9E2QIiaEheG3-gfMB16YPq0&r=qSeH3ErOSarRuyA_emFPM6gcBB6o4m_UDUvKOKDpnXk&m=WGYadQB9u-kwdu2i2qYsxxNRPhYU4Ule1aqlhFLMScE&s=0N2M0oLFGJNvNqhpz4CCVzmg2r9wEMxnAavEZ_kOFO4&e=>
>
> (1) The Ciliate Molecular Biology video will be prominently
> [...]

Sorry: not thoroughly checked for spelling errors. Please excuse.

Joachim E. Schultz
Pharmazeutisches Institut
Morgenstelle 8
72076 Tuebingen
Tel: (49) 7071-2972475; Fax: (49) 7071 72476
http://www.mnf.uni-tuebingen.de/fachbereiche/pharmazie-und-biochemie/pharmazie/pharmazeutische-chemie/prof-dr-joachim-e-schultz.html