CILIATEMOLBIO-L December 2020

Fwd: Akio Miyake died

kaczan <[log in to unmask]>

Sat, 26 Dec 2020 08:46:50 +0100

text/plain

Dear Ciliatologists,

I am passing to all of you the said news, which I have just received
from Yoshiomi Takagi. Akio Miyake discovered soluble pheromones, defined
their biochemical nature in Blepharisma japonicum, and the role of
conjugating cell contacts in inducing of meiosis in Blepharisma,

Andrzej Kaczanowski

-------- Wiadomość oryginalna --------
Temat: Akio Miyake died
Data: 2020-12-25 16:01
Od: Masahiro FUJISHIMA <[log in to unmask]>
Do: Luporini Pierangelo <[log in to unmask]>, "Fokin Sergei I."
<[log in to unmask]>, Schmidt Helmt J <[log in to unmask]>, Hausmann
Klaus <[log in to unmask]>, Skovorodkin Ilya
<[log in to unmask]>, Pryzybos Ewa <[log in to unmask]>,
Tiedtke Arno <[log in to unmask]>, Kaczanowski Andrzej
Kopia: f藤島 政博 <[log in to unmask]>

Dear friends,

I was just informed by Yoshiomi Takagi that Akio Miyake had passed away
on December 24th. He had been in the hospital for a long time at a
facility near his home in Nara City. He was 89 years old. Very sad news.

Takagi's email address: [log in to unmask]

Masahiro Fujishima, Yamaguchi
https://sites.google.com/view/zourimushi/fujishima-masahiro-lab

--
This email was Anti Virus checked by Astaro Security Gateway. http://www.sophos.com