This Week's Announcements from ISL - Improving Student Life.

International Student Life Events
1. Let's stay cool - International Pool Party #3!
2. International Student Women's Group Meeting.

International Student Life Announcements
1. Farewell to Marcus!
2. Fall Orientation for New International Students.
3. NEW!  Global Friends Program.

International Student Life Events
=================================
1. If you didn't get the chance to join us by the pool, here's another
opportunity to do so.  Remember every Friday this month, we are hosting
an International Pool
Party at Legion Pool (across from the Tate Center on Lumpkin Street)
from 8:00pm -10:30pm.  Everyone is welcome, admission is free, lemonade
is served, and a barbecue grill is available.  Bring your swimsuit and
your friends!

2. International Student Women's Group Meeting.  Come to a meeting to
share
any problems, issues, and solutions with other international women.
Wednesday, July 19, 6pm, at the Family Housing, Community Room.
Contact Tina Bryant at 542-5113 for more information.

International Student Life Announcements

1. This week, stop by and say farewell to Marcus Longmuir, ISL
International Activities Advisor.  Marcus will be working until Thursday
of this week, so please wish him the very best in his new life in New
York!  The ISL Office will miss him very much and would like to thank
him for all of the work he has done for our office for the past two
years.  We will definitely miss Marcus' enthusiasm, energy, and
dedication to international students at UGA!

2. New Student Orientation for Fall begins on August 13th and continues
until August 16th, the day before classes begin for Fall semester.  If
you meet any new international students, please direct them to ISL and
our new student orientation.  The complete schedule of our orientation
program is on our web site:  www.uga.edu/isl

3. The Global Friends Program is an interactive mentoring program that
matches up new international students with current UGA students.  ISL is
looking for additional dynamic "Global Friends" who are willing to meet
with approximately 5 international students during Fall semester to help
them with their personal concerns and adjustment matters.  This is a
newly created program this year, and ISL would like to encourage any
student who is willing to help new students.  Being a Global Friend
requires a little bit of time, willingness to communicate, and a fun
attitude!  Call Saehee Chang at 542-5867 for more information.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++
International Student Life
Department of Student Activities
210 Memorial Hall
The University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602-3108
Email: [log in to unmask]
Coordinator, Saehee Chang
International Activities Advisor, Marcus Longmuir
Administrative Secretary, Jackie Minus
Graduate Student Assistant, Jean Shim
Student Assistant, Laura