New UGA Study Abroad Programs

There are several new UGA study abroad programs that will be offered this
summer to Spain, Russia, Japan and New Zealand. For more information on
these programs, see the UGA web site at: <http://www.uga.edu/oie>. There
are also new programs in the works to Ghana, Morocco and Ecuador. Please
call our office for more information about these programs (542-7903).

*************************

International Job Announcements

The French Ministry of Education has just announced several hundred
openings for English teaching assistants at the primary or secondary school
level for the 2001-2002 school year. You must be an American citizen, under
30 years of age, and your course of study must include French in order to
apply. Both undergraduates and graduates may apply. The position runs from
Oct. 1, 2000-April 30, 2001, with a 12 hour/week commitment and a salary of
around $728/month (5,600 Francs). Applications are due Dec. 15, 2000. For
more information, please call Anne Allen at 542-7903.

The Universidad de la Sierra, A.C. (USAC) is has 2 English and/or French
teaching internship position openings for the Spring 2001 (January-June)
semester at their Huauchinango, Puebla campus. Qualifications: Native
speaker of English or French; earned bachelor's degree in TESOL, English,
French or a closely related field; professionalism, cultural sensitivity,
maturity, flexibility, a positive attitude and the ability to adapt to
another culture. Please reply to this message for the complete announcement.

*************************

Student Quotes

-From a student in Lyon, France

"There are ancient Roman theater ruins in Lyon, and during my second week
in Lyon I went there with friends from orientation and we had a picnic and
played football and frisbee on the grass. It was quite neat to think we
were playing on the site of an ancient Roman theater."

Office of International Education
University of Georgia
201 Barrow Hall
Athens, GA  30602-2407