Interested in studying in Australia or New Zealand?

Ms. Kristi Hanratty from AustraLearn will be available on Monday, March 11
in room 144 Tate Student Center to meet with students considering study
abroad in Australia or New Zealand. Drop in at anytime between 3:30-5 p.m.
and talk with her about your interests and study abroad plans. AustraLearn
may be just what you are looking for in a study abroad program down under.

****************************

Scholarships for Study Abroad

CET is offering a new merit/need-based scholarship for study with CET's
Jewish Studies in Prague program this summer.  The scholarship covers the
entire program fee of $5190.  Since the program typically attracts a small
applicant pool, competition for this award will be minimal. The Jewish
Studies program offers 8 weeks in Prague and includes several courses in
Jewish Studies, a week-long trip to Poland led by Harvard University
professor Jay Harris, an overnight trip to a medieval castle town, a day
trip to Terezin, weekly cultural and social activities, films, guest
speakers, and community service in one of the most beautiful cities in
Europe.  Program applications due March 15; scholarship applications due to
CET by April 1.  For more information and an application, visit
<http://www.cetacademicprograms.com> or contact Janice Levitt at
[log in to unmask], 800-225-4262 ext 3178.

****************************

International-Related Job Opportunities

Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta
Cultural and educational event planner
Ability in Japanese is desirable, but not required

Furukawa Electric Company
Administrative Assistant to the President
Atlanta, GA

For complete announcements, please reply to this e-mail and specify which
job(s).

****************************

Recruiter in Town for ESL Teaching in Japan

Kim Horne, Teacher-Trainer for the Shimon Private School in Ogaki, Japan
will be at the Athens Holiday Inn, March 23rd and 24th to recruit
graduating students to teach English in Japan (1 year contract). Each of
those days there will be an information session with interviews for those
who are interested in continuing with the application process. Session A on
both days is 10 am - 1 pm. Session B is from 2 pm - 5 pm. She will also be
at the UGA Career Center the following
Monday through Wednesday doing interviews by appointment. For the complete
information and application, please reply to this e-mail.

****************************

Avignon, France Program Information Session

The UGA Avignon Study Abroad Program will be holding a Q & A session about
their fall 2002 program in Avignon, France on Monday, March 11 from 3-5:00
p.m. in 326 Baldwin Hall. For more information about the program, please
see: <http://www.uga.edu/avignon/>.

****************************

Student Quotes

From a student studying in Seville, Spain

"I was overwhelmed upon arrival, but my Spain is coming around and I love
Sevilla. My first night was a little strange with my Spanish roommates but
now everything is going great and we hang out all the time."

Office of International Education
University of Georgia
209 Barrow Hall
Athens, GA  30602-2407