On-Line Interactive Japanese 1001

Georgia Tech will be offering an interactive online Japanese course in the
fall of 2002. Students must register as a transient at Georgia Tech to
participate in the course. For a copy of the course information, please
call the OIE at 542-7903.

*********************

Job Announcements in International Education

Coordinator, Asian/Asian American Studies Initiative
Wesleyan University
Middletown, CT

Study Abroad Advisor
Center for International Service
College of Staten Island
Staten Island, NY

Study Abroad Program Assistant/Advisor
University of Maryland
College Park, MD

International Programs Assistant (Intern)
Kalamazoo College
Kalamazoo, MI

Co-Director of Program Development
Anglo American Educational Services of London
Location of position is unclear from announcement

Two positions: China Program Officer and Student Services Coordinator
CET Academic Programs
Washington, DC

Program Officer
American Councils for International Education: ACTR/ACCELS
Awards for Excellence in Teaching Program (TEA)
Washington, DC

Coordinator of Program Services and Outreach
Division of International Education
Grand Valley State University
Allendale, MI

For the complete announcement, please reply and specify which jobs.

*********************

International Job Announcements

Associate Resident Director for Student Affairs
University of Wisconsin - River Falls, Wisconsin In Scotland program
Dalkeith, Scotland

For the complete announcement, please reply and specify which jobs.

*********************

Student Quotes

-From a student studying in Quito, Ecuador:
"Progress can be made by butchering a language everyday! I was talking
today and actually used the word "hinge" in context. I have no idea where I
learned the word for hinge, but it popped into my head at the last second."

Office of International Education
University of Georgia
209 Barrow Hall
Athens, GA  30602-2407