Important Reminders and Updates from ISL

1. Your space is waiting for the Thanksgiving Feast
2. Celebrate your Graduation with ISL
3. Graduation Sash - Represent your country
4. International Education Week - You can get involved!
5. ISSG  - See Below!

Office of International Education
1. Town Hall Meeting

================================
International Student Life Events

1.  Welcome! We still have space!!  ISL and the Baptist Student Union
are sponsoring a Thanksgiving Feast with the Baptist Student Union.
Enjoy a feast with all the traditional American trimmings!  The feast is
free to all international students and their families!  Monday, November
25, 2002 from 5:30 pm - 7:30 p.m. at the Baptist Student Union located
on Lumpkin Street.  The deadline to sign up is Monday, November 18.
Call the office at 542-5867 or e-mail the office at [log in to unmask] to
sign up!  Make sure to list a contact number and e-mail, name of each
person attending and contact person.

2. We are very, very proud of you, 2002 International Graduates!  ISL
wants you to know how much we treasure your accomplishments and
dedication here at UGA. To show our appreciation we have planned a very
special Graduation Ceremony and reception just for you and your family
on Friday, December 20, 2002 at  3:00 p.m., Georgia Hall, Tate Student
Center.  The ceremony is absolutely FREE!  However, if you plan to
participate, we need to hear  from you now.  You have to sign up with
the ISL office by December 5,2002!.

3.  The deadline is fast approaching!  Represent your country with
pride.  Adorn your graduation robe with a beautiful international satin
sash, elegantly designed with your country flag and colors for only
$40.00.  For an additional fee of just $6.00 you can also have the
University of Georgia on the other side.  Orders must be received no
later than November 11, 2002, for December graduates (sashes are
optional).  Contact ISL for prices and to view pictures, 210 Memorial
Hall, 542-5867.

4. Now you can become more culturally savvy! Join ISL as we celebrate
National  International Education Week,  November 18-22.  Events include
Monday,  Nov. 18, 5:30 p.m. Tea Talk, "From Georgia to Georgia", come
learn about the other Georgia in Russia.  Tuesday, Nov. 19, 5:30 p.m. in
the ISL Lounge, 210 Memorial Hall, Tuesday, November 19, "From Morocco
to Spain", learn about the beautiful countries of  Morocco and Spain,
also on Tuesday night, Movie Nite - "Bossa Nova".  A charming romantic
comedy set in Brazil. p.m. North PJ from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, come help us really celebrate with Tatey Days, a mini
cultural festival in the Tate Plaza from 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.,
cultural performances, arts, crafts and displays! Thursday, Nov. 20,
Global Friends, come celebrate Thanksgiving American Style, it's still
not too late to sign up!  Join us Friday as we culminate International
Education Week on Friday, Nov. 22, 11:30 - 1:30 in the Memorial Hall
Ballroom with a very special Coffee Hour sponsored by the Taiwan Student
Association!

5.  International Student Support Group (ISSG) is having an
informational session Friday, November 15, 2002 at 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
in the ISL Lounge, 210 Memorial Hall.  Refreshments will be provided.

================================
Office of International Education

1.  Join OIE as they hold a Town Hall Meeting to discus the new
international student scholar fee.  Join them as they answer questions
and give information about the new fee.  How the feel will benefit the
international population at UGA, how it will be utilized and when and
how to pay. Monday, November 25, 2002 at the Forestry Auditorium from
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

--
International Student Life