********************
Upcoming Deadlines

Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
Applications for the Gilman International Scholarship are due April
15th.  For more information about this scholarship, please visit
http://www.iie.org/gilman/.

********************
Preparation Reminders

Credit Approval Form
If you are going on a non-UGA study abroad program or a UGA exchange
program this summer or fall, you will need to complete a Credit
Approval Form.  You must return this completed form to our office at
least 3 weeks before you depart on your program.  You can download
the form from our Web site http://www.uga.edu/oie/satrancred.htm or
pick it up from our office in 209 Barrow Hall.  Instructions for
completion are both on the form and on-line.

Passport
Information about obtaining a passport, as well as the application,
can be found on our Web site http://www.uga.edu/oie/sastart.htm.
Processing can take 3-6 weeks so don’t wait until the last minute!

********************
Announcements from the Peace Corps

April Events
Countries of Peace Corps Celebration will be held Wednesday, April
14th, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Tate Plaza.  There’ll be music,
stories, pictures, and more!
The Bon Voyage Celebration will be held Sunday, April 18th from 4
p.m. to 6 p.m. in the Garden Room Café at the State Botanical Garden.
For more information about either event, please contact

********************
Exchange Program of the Week

Reading Exchange
The University of Reading is located in Reading, England, a medium-
size city 40 miles east of London and 25 miles southeast of Oxford.
The University of Reading opened in the 19th century as a School of
Arts and Sciences and became a university in 1926.  There are just
under 13,000 students enrolled at Reading.
Students have the opportunity to study a variety of subjects through
the Reading Exchange.  The academic year is divided into three 10-
week terms.  “Autumn term” begins in early October, “Lent term”
being in mid-January, and “Summer term” begins at the end of April.
UGA students on the Reading Exchange stay in one of the university’s
15 residence halls located nearby.