To all ciliate researchers

  In case you could not tell, Mike Cherry and I got our signals somewhat
crossed in terms of announcing the release of functional annotation of
the Tetrahymena gene models. As we have said before, we are committed
to making the Tetrahymena genome data and analysis available to the
community as rapidly as possible to enhance your research. Basically,
we had discussed the need to get functional annotation of the
preliminary gene models out as quickly as possible, but we had not yet
been able to synchronize the annotation presented at TIGR and TGD. In
the interest of rapid release, we wanted to push the annotations out
now, even though there are some differences between those at TIGR and
TGD. The annotation(s) will be synchronized as soon as possible, and
you will be able to access them at both TIGR and TGD.

Jonathan Eisen