To all ciliate researchers In case you could not tell, Mike Cherry and I got our signals somewhat crossed in terms of announcing the release of functional annotation of the Tetrahymena gene models. As we have said before, we are committed to making the Tetrahymena genome data and analysis available to the community as rapidly as possible to enhance your research. Basically, we had discussed the need to get functional annotation of the preliminary gene models out as quickly as possible, but we had not yet been able to synchronize the annotation presented at TIGR and TGD. In the interest of rapid release, we wanted to push the annotations out now, even though there are some differences between those at TIGR and TGD. The annotation(s) will be synchronized as soon as possible, and you will be able to access them at both TIGR and TGD. Jonathan Eisen