Dear Colleagues, Apparently, the mail I sent yesterday to the list <<[log in to unmask]> with the program as an attachment was refused by the server. I send it again within this message. To answer questions asked by some of you, everyone is welcome to attend both meetings (Paramecium meeting and Janine's symposium), even if (s)he does not work on Paramecium. I am just in the early phase of organization so I have not all details. I can just say that there will be registration fees including meals and rooms but I will know the exact amount only around early october. According to the amount of money we obtain from the CNRS and possible sponsors, we may reimburse part of the expanses, especially for young researchers, students and post-docs. Although it may be early, it would be very helpful for me to organize the meeting if you tell me already if you think you would attend it. Thanks a lot Jean PS. Dourdan is 1h train south-west from Paris FFFC,0000,02EEANOUNCEMENT Times New RomanDear Colleagues, Our European Consortium (Groupement de Recherche Europeen ‘Paramecium Genomics’) has an internal meeting every two years. Owing to the ongoing Paramecium genome project, we would like to extend the next meeting into an open ‘International Paramecium Genomics Meeting’. This is thus the first announcement to alert you if you want to attend this meeting:
Times New RomanINTERNATIONAL PARAMECIUM GENOMICS MEETING 3 & 4 MAY 2006 DOURDAN, FRANCE
Times New Roman Practical organization and registration procedure will be given in a second announcement in early October. In addition, we would like to combine this meeting with a symposium dedicated to Janine Beisson in which her major concerns will be addressed, structural heredity, epigenetics, nucleating centers and autoassembly:
Times New RomanSYMPOSIUM IN HONOR OF JANINE BEISSON 5 MAY 2006 GIF-SUR-YVETTE, FRANCE
Times New Roman Jean Cohen 0000,0000,FFFB[log in to unmask] PS. Sorry for those of you receiving this mail several times, I send it to several lists that may overlap FFFD,0000,02EFTENTATIVE PROGRAM
TimesInternational Paramecium Genomics Meeting
Times
TimesMay 3-4, 2006 Dourdan France
Times Preliminary program Patrick Wincker (Centre National de Séquençage, Genoscope, Evry France) : Paramecium macronuclear genome sequencing Olivier Jaillon (Centre National de Séquençage, Genoscope, Evry France) : Paramecium macronuclear genome annotation Laura Landweber (Princeton University, New Jersey, USA) : The Oxytricha trifallax genome project Laurent Duret (Université Claude Bernard, Lyon, France) : Analysis of excision polymorphism in the macronucleus of Paramecium tetraurelia Eric Meyer (Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France) : Homology-dependent maternal effects and RNA interference in Paramecium Mireille Bétermier (Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France) : Precise excision of Paramecium IESs : the problem of making ends meet Linda Sperling (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif-sur-Yvette, France) : ParameciumDB, an internet resource James D. Forney (Indiana University, Purdue, Indiana, USA) : Proteins and pathways required for developmentally regulated DNA elimination in Paramecium Judith van Houten (University of Vermont, Burlington, Vermont, USA) : Molecular approaches to Chemosensory signal transduction in Paramecium Helmut Plattner (University of Konstanz, Germany) : Times New RomanParamecium as a model system for multiple calcium-based dynamic processes: what we learned and still expect from molecular biologyTimes Pascale Williams (Université Paris 11, Orsay, France) : Paramecium tubulins, evolution or revolution ? Janine BEISSON (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Gif-sur-Yvette, France) : Centrins and Centrin-binding proteins in Paramecium : from genes to assembly of cytoskeletal structures
Times SYMPOSIUM IN HONOR OF Janine Beisson
Times
TimesMay 5, 2006 Gif-sur-Yvette France
Times Invited Speakers Sven Saupe (Université de Bordeaux, France) Roland Pérasso (Université Paris 11, Orsay, France) Eric Meyer (Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris, France) Michel Wright (Toulouse, France) Jean-Pierre Mignot (Aubière, France) Maria Jerka-Dziadosz (Nencki Institute, Warsaw, Poland) Joseph Frankel (University of Iowa, Iowa City, USA) Keith Gull (University of Oxford, Great Britain) <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Jean Cohen Centre de Génétique Moléculaire CNRS, Avenue de la Terrasse 91198 Gif-sur-Yvette cedex, France Tel +33 (0)169824373 Fax +33(0)169823150 email [log in to unmask] http://www.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr/paramecie/index.html http://paramecium.cgm.cnrs-gif.fr/ >>>>>>>>