From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Stagg, Bill
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 3:19 PM
Subject: Hurricane Katrina and Ag Ed Relief Efforts

Dear State Leaders,

The statement below by Dr. Larry Case and National FFA President Jackie Mundt regarding relief efforts for Hurricane Katrina victims is being shared on the FFA website homepage at www.ffa.org.  FFA is working with Team Ag Ed leaders to further shape a response targeted at helping the agricultural science education programs and FFA chapters in the states involved.

Thanks…

Bill

Bill Stagg

Division Director, Information Services

National FFA Organization

6060 FFA Drive PO Box 68960

Indianapolis, IN 46278-1370

Voice:  317-802-4243

Fax:  317-802-5243

bstagg@ffa

www.ffa.org

Dear Friends of the FFA,

The National FFA Organization extends its deepest sympathies and support to those suffering from the devastating effects of Hurricane Katrina.  Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and all who are engaged in the relief efforts.

Many of our friends and colleagues have inquired as to how they can help. We understand people feel the need to help, and to do so now.  The National FFA Organization is actively working with our Team Ag Ed partners to determine how best to assist agricultural education and FFA members in the affected areas.  The national FFA officers are consulting with organization leaders and will have an announcement prepared later next week.

Details and the most current information about these hurricane relief initiatives will be posted on the National Association for Agricultural Educators (NAAE) website at http://www.naae.org.  Please check back often for updates.

Communication with persons in the areas most severely affected by the hurricane is difficult, if not impossible.  The state agricultural education leaders in these areas are still trying to determine the extent of the damage.  They have asked that we not attempt to send supplies to these states because they do not yet know what is needed and there are limited ways to get supplies to the damaged areas.

Those seeking to contribute immediately to disaster relief efforts are advised to make donations to the American Red Cross, one of many organizations taking donations to provide general disaster relief to the victims.

Your expressions of concern and generous contributions on behalf of the victims of Hurricane Katrina are greatly appreciated.

Jackie Mundt

National FFA President

Larry D. Case

National FFA Advisor