Agritourism is becoming a big thing here in Georgia.  One former FFA Member is capitalizing on this in a big way.  Keith and Sandy Mitcham are farmers in Newton County who have established Colonel Cob’s Corn Maze.  Keith was an FFA Member at Newton County High School under Scott Carey.  They were also selected as Farm Bureau’s Farm Family of the year a few years ago.  Keith runs quite an interesting cattle operation using discarded chocolate he gets from Mars and Hershey’s to add weight to the cattle.

They established this corn maze and are willing to tailor it to FFA Students.  As you progress through the maze, correctly answered questions about FFA History and events direct you through the maze.  I’m sure if you contact them, they would be willing to set up a farm tour for your chapter as well.  We a similar maze last year with our FFA group and they seemed to enjoy it.

The website and phone number for them are as follows:

www.colcobscornmaze.com

(770) 856-5578

Thanks,

Rebekah Epps