From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Stagg, Bill
Cc: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Case, Larry ; [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Loudenslager, Doug ; [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Harris, Coleman ; [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">_National Officers
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 6:09 PM
Subject: Katrina Ag Ed Relief Video, Photos and Stories Needed

Dear State Leaders,

The nation is in red-alert mode to rush relief to the Katrina-stricken victims.  We here at the National FFA Center are also mobilizing to assess how FFA chapters have been affected and to partner with Team Ag Ed to shape our response.

In the next day or so you will receive information from the National FFA Officers detailing a nationwide FFA fundraising drive called “Seeds of Hope.”  The campaign aims to help rebuild the agricultural education/FFA programs in the hurricane-ravaged areas of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.

We’re asking for your help.

Our fundraising efforts and plans to help rebuild Ag Ed/FFA programs will be featured on www.ffa.org and on the next broadcast of FFA Live! on RFD-TV Sept. 26, 8-9 p.m. EST, 7-8 p.m. CST.  Your assistance is needed to help us communicate both the destruction and the many stories of hope and encouragement we know are occurring.  If you have stories to tell, either because your program or chapter was affected or because your chapter and teachers are helping with relief efforts, we ask that you share video you’ve shot and/or still photos we can use on our broadcast.

Preferred are high resolution photos (JPEG, PICT or TIFF formats) and high quality video shot on digital tape formats such as DV, DVCAM or DVC Pro. Professional format videotapes or DVDs are also good choices, if you have access to them.  Other formats will be considered based on image quality, or how well the images fit into the coverage as it is produced.  But if your images do a good job of telling the story of what is happening in the Gulf states, we would like to see it.

Please e-mail or contact the show producer Colleen Kelly at [log in to unmask], or call her at 317-802-4307.  We know many of you are involved and we eagerly wait to hear from you.  We want to give seeds of hope to our FFA friends and teachers in Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida.  You can help us do that by contributing the stories and video footage you have.

Many thanks,

Bill

Bill Stagg

Division Director, Information Services

National FFA Organization

6060 FFA Drive PO Box 68960

Indianapolis, IN 46278-1370

Voice:  317-802-4243

Fax:  317-802-5243

bstagg@ffa

www.ffa.org

The FFA Mission

FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.