From: Stagg, Bill
Cc: Case, Larry ; Loudenslager, Doug ; Harris, Coleman ; _National Officers
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2005 6:43 PM
Subject: "Seeds of Hope" Hurricane Rebuilding Campaign

State Leaders and Ag Ed/FFA Colleagues,

Soon you will receive an announcement from National FFA President Jackie Mundt with details of "Seeds of Hope," a nationwide fundraising challenge being issued to all FFA chapters and Ag Ed programs.  "Seeds of Hope" will seek to raise the critical funds that help rebuild Ag Ed/FFA programs in the states ravaged by Hurricane Katrina.  This is not a "relief effort," as those immediate activities are currently underway by other agencies and by many FFA chapters and state associations.  Instead, "Seeds of Hope" is a sustained, long-term effort to help Ag Ed programs and FFA chapters get back on their feet in the shortest time possible.

FFA chapters will bring the funds they collect for "Seeds of Hope" to the National FFA Convention in October.  There, they will donate the funds and add their chapters' names to the "Roll of Honor" that will be on display.  The general public and National FFA Foundation sponsors will also have an opportunity to contribute to the campaign, which will be supported through the live broadcast of the convention over RFD-TV.  Funds raised by "Seeds of Hope" will be distributed through The National Council for Agricultural Education.

Please look for the announcement coming by email, or log onto the National FFA website at www.ffa.org after Wednesday.

Many thanks to all for the marvelous outpouring of generosity, initiative and assistance.  Agricultural education and FFA, as always, are at the forefront, "Living to Serve."

Bill

Bill Stagg

Division Director, Information Services

National FFA Organization

6060 FFA Drive PO Box 68960

Indianapolis, IN 46278-1370

Voice:  317-802-4243

Fax:  317-802-5243

bstagg@ffa

www.ffa.org

The FFA Mission

FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.