I have had some questions about whether our archery tournament is a team event.   We have not yet had enough teams participate to invest in team trophies.  Our goal is to have ten teams from ten schools compete.  When we reach that point we'll have first and second place team trophies, and offer FFA Chapter bragging rights to go along with them.  Also, some teachers have asked about a limit on the number of students.  There is no limit.  Bring as many kids as you like.  The'll all get to shoot, and they'll all get fed (I think our alumni chapter is going to have BBQ sandwiches).  Our archery course can handle probably up to 50 competitors within the time frame (11:00 - 3:00) that we are working within.

Please have your students bring along some bow repair parts.  The man who coordinates this for me has a box full of parts, but they don't always fit and he doesn't have an unlimited supply.  I hate to see students miss out on an opportunity to win a trophy because the sight on their bow breaks.  Also, please remember...target-tipped arrows only.  No broadheads.

If you plan to come, please pre-register (preferably by email) by the deadline.  That way we'll make sure to have enough food.  Feel free to bring along all the parents, adminstrators, and chaperones you want to bring.  They'll get fed, too.  Please include them in the head count for meal purposes, but please separate them out so we'll have an idea of how many competitors are coming.

Tim

Tim Savelle
Agriculture Teacher and FFA Advisor
Morgan County High School
1231 College Drive
Madison GA  30650
Voice 706-342-5036
Fax 706-342-5046

FFA MISSION:
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.

AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION MISSION:
Agricultural Education prepares students for successful careers and a lifetime of informed choices in the global agriculture, food, fiber, and natural resources systems.