Dear Students (please read this post in its entirety):

We are planning our 22nd Annual Study, Work, and Travel Abroad Fair.
Due to the large numbers in student participation and levels of crowds,
we've decided to make it a 2 day Fair.  It will be Monday, October 9 and
Tuesday, October 10, this year.  Of course, I need volunteers for both
days and was wondering if I may solicit your help?

This year, we will have ca. 100 exhibitors and expect approximately 2100 students to pass through the doors of the Georgia Hall for the Fair.  It takes lots of assistance to pull this off gracefully and with your help, we are sure to have an exemplary year!  I need volunteers to commit to a minimum 2 hour block of work time.  If you volunteer for 2 or more consecutive hours,  I'll even give you a FREE LUNCH on the respective day on Monday or Tuesday (sorry, no free meals on Sunday).  You cannot, however, use your work time to have lunch (offered between 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.) so you'll need to allow yourself extra time to eat.

There is also opportunity to be of service on Sunday morning, October 6th (9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.) as we will be setting up that day for Monday's event.  I will try to accommodate your desired job duty on Monday and Tuesday so when you get in touch with me, please indicate what you would prefer to do.  I'll do the best I can to accommodate your desires.  If you do not list anything, I will assume you are willing to do whatever will be helpful at the Fair so I'll pick from the areas of need for you.

Please include the following information in your email to me.

Name as you'd like it listed on your name badge:
Email address:
Hours Available to work on Sunday, October 8 (9 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.):
Hours Available to work on Monday, October 9 (anytime between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.):
Hours Available to work on Tuesday, October 10 (anytime between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.):
Lunch (if meets criteria above):  Meat or Vegetarian
Job Preference:

Types of jobs that will be assigned to Fair volunteers (in alphabetical order):

CLEAN-UP - Help throw out trash, gather up extension cords, floor protectors, power strips, etc.

COUNTER - Use hand-held clicker to count incoming student numbers.

FLOATER - You'll help participants with any needs by walking through the hall and asking if you can be of help to them.  Your job is much like the Runner except that you are not assigned to particular tables. For those working from 1:30 - 3:00 p.m., you'll be asked to remind exhibitors to fill out the evaluation and leave it on their table before they leave.

GREETER - Pass out bags and welcome students.

GREETER - Pass out Fair maps, information and welcome students.

LUNCH GREETER - Pick up meal tickets as individuals come to Reception Hall . . . no meal ticket, no lunch!

RUNNER - You will be assigned particular exhibitor tables during the Fair.  You'll be asked to check in on the exhibitors you are assigned.  Some of the things you'll do for the exhibitor is to remind them to wear their name tags (if they do not have them on), offer to retrieve beverages (from Reception Hall) during the Fair for them so they don't have to leave their table, offer to take their meal tickets and bring them their lunches (you'll need to ask the meat eaters if they want turkey, ham or roast beef sandwiches and what type of soda they'd like) OR offer to sit at their table while they take a lunch break, bathroom break or beverage break, and, finally, (if you work from 1:30 - 3 p.m.) remind them to fill out their evaluation form at the end of the Fair.

SET-UP (Monday) - Help with table set-up (not actual physical set-up) putting appropriate cards assigning tables (as indicated by Betsy), delivering boxed materials to appropriate tables, setting up extension cords and floor protectors, plugging in power strips, and other things as needed.

SET-UP (Tuesday) - Set up OIE tables, put up international flags, put up posters for the Fair upstairs and down, jobs as needed, etc.

Thank you so much for your consideration . . . your help will be greatly appreciated!  I need to hear from you no later than September 29th as I am currently putting together a schedule.

--
Betsy Arrington-Tsao
Study Abroad Advisor