***Please provide this information to those who lead your youth horse
program!***

The Clemson University Horse Judging Clinic is scheduled for March 31,
2007 at the Cattle Complex of the T. Ed Garrison Arena Clemson, South
Carolina.  This clinic is sponsored by the Clemson University Horse
Judging Team.

The clinic will start promptly at 9:30 am, check in will begin at 9:00 am.
 Classes to be covered include:  halter, showmanship, western pleasure,
hunter under saddle, horsemanship, hunt seat equitation, western riding
and reining.  A reasons clinic will be held at the conclusion of the
clinic.

Clinic participants can be youth or adult, and do not have to be involved
in 4-H or FFA.

All participants will receive a judging manual with complete rules and
terminology for each class represented at the clinic.  The manual will
also contain sample sets of reasons with different ability levels.

Clinic is expected to be from 9:30 am to 5:00 pm.  Lunch will be provided.

All participants must be pre-registered by March 16, 2007.

Costs for the clinic are $20/per person, or $15/per person with six or
more participants from each county.

If you would like additional information and registration information,
please email me and I will forward the information onto you.

If you have specific questions please contact Laura Morgan, CU Equine
Instructor at:  [log in to unmask] or 864/656-3230.

**We will not be offering a UGA/Georgia 4-H Horse Judging Clinic for 2007,
but hope to in the near future.

Heather K. Shultz
4-H Program Coordinator I, Livestock
Hoke Smith Annex #321
Athens, GA   30549
706/542-8892  Phone
706/542-4373  Fax

Billy Moss
Area Livestock Teacher
North Region FFA
204 Four Towers - UGA
Athens, GA  30602
Ph: 706-542-9775
F: 706-542-9602
"The Georgia 4-H and FFA youth livestock program
provides opportunites to develop life skills and
enhance knowledge in an ethical manner."