Alternative energy sources are focusing on Agriculture and much of that
focus is on Georgia .  President Bush told us " we need to reduce energy
consumption by 20% " and former President Carter said at his conference in
Athens this past weekend "that I hope America will not use food-grains to
produce alternative energy but bio-mass such as Georgia Pine trees " . All
this made a great story that was in the Atlanta Journal Constitiution
yesterday where it was pointed out " as investors pump billions of dollars
into renewable sources of fuel , including pine trees , corn ,  wind and
even peanuts , Georgia stands to reap big bucks ." And Atlanta attorney ,
Tom Amis said " the great fortunes of this century will be made over the
next 15-25 years in renewable energy . "

This article would be a great reference for your FFA students who might be
looking for a topic in either Prepared or Extemporaneous Public Speaking .
See the link below to read the article .

http://www.ajc.com/business/content/business/stories/2007/01/23/0124bizethanol.html

Billy Moss
Area Livestock Teacher
North Region FFA
204 Four Towers - UGA
Athens, GA  30602
Ph: 706-542-9775
F: 706-542-9602
"The Georgia 4-H and FFA youth livestock program
provides opportunites to develop life skills and
enhance knowledge in an ethical manner."