Teachers,

If you have students are considering running for State FFA Office, please be aware that new State FFA Officer Candidate Handbook and the revised State Officer Candidate application are now available on the Georgia FFA website. The Candidate Handbook is on the main page in the yellow menu bar toward the bottom; and the candidate application is inside the “Applications” link.

If you plan to prepare a candidate to run, please be sure that you use the most current Candidate Handbook to prepare them. The most updated Candidate Handbook will say “for use at the 79th State FFA Convention, April 26-28, 2007” on the cover. I would encourage you to read over the Handbook with your student.

Also, please be sure that your student completes the newest version of the State Officer candidate application as there have been some revisions from previous years. The most current application says on the cover “For use beginning in 2007.”

All State Officer candidate applications are due to the Regional Office by March 1, and should include a copy of the student’s State FFA Degree application.

If you have questions about either of these documents, or about the State Officer Candidate process, please let me know.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association