On the agenda for the upcoming GVATA Mid-Winter Conference is a breakout session on Proficiency & State Degree Applications. The workshop is being offered on Friday during the breakout sessions.

Please keep in mind that this breakout is designed to help teachers who may be struggling with how to begin and complete an FFA proficiency award and/or State and American FFA Degree application. In an effort to keep the workshop to a manageable size, it is not intended to be an advanced session for those who are already completing multiple applications. If you currently do not turn in a proficiency award and/or State/American Degree application on an annual basis, this workshop is for you. These award applications can seem daunting, but they are a great way to earn some special recognition (and money!!!) for the hard work that your students are doing.

If this is an area where you need help, please plan to attend the session. I encourage you to bring saved copy of an application that you have started, or information on a student whom you plan to fill out an application for. You should also bring a CD or disc to save your work on. If you have a laptop computer, bring that too; but we will make the 12 computers in the Computer Lab at the FFA/FCCLA Center available to you. The workshop is designed to be hands on; we want you to leave with a saved copy of an application that you have made progress on.

See you at Mid-Winter.

Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary