Teachers, if you have a GHP student who you nominated in Agriscience or
Environmental Science, then they should have received or be receiving a
letter in the mail to them at home inviting them to the tour at UGA in
Athens.  This is not part of the judging process, but a great chance for
them to meet some of the other nominees and to tour campus.  Please check
with your student and have them to RSVP right away to UGA and let them
know if they are attending or not attending.  Below is a copy of the
letter sent to them. The tour is on Friday, Feb. 9.  Their interview time
will be on the following day - Sat., Feb. 10 at Clayton State College. The
time for their interview is posted on the State DOE GHP website.  They can
check the time and other information for them at this site.  Slacks and
button down shirts are recommended for the tour since we will be taking
individual pictures of them for the newspaper.  Please, no jeans or
t-shirs or caps. Thanks for passing this information on to them.
Blane

Congratulations on your nomination to participate in the Governor's Honors
Program!
The University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental
Sciences would
like to invite you to visit our Athens Campus on Friday, February 9 for
our annual ?Tour
of Technology?. Registration and photos will begin at 8:30 a.m. in room
101 of the
Edgar L. Rhodes Center for Animal and Dairy Science. We have designed this
program
to give you a personal tour of Georgia's flagship university and
experience first-hand the
exciting research and academic programs taking place. The program will
conclude by
4:30 p.m.

We hope this will provide you an opportunity to learn more about
agriscience and
biotechnology prior to your important Governor's Honors Program interview
on
Saturday. It will also give you an opportunity to hear about academic
programs in our
College, as well as scholarship and admissions information for the
University of Georgia.

Please RSVP to the Academic Affairs Office at (706) 542-1611 by February 2
with
the number attending as well as your academic area of interest. Lunch
tickets will be
provided for you and a guest. Additional tickets may be purchased at lunch
for $8.65.
Also, please notify us of any special needs that you may have so we may
try and
accommodate them during your visit. Again, congratulations on this
nomination which
recognizes you for your outstanding academic success.

Sincerely,
Brice Nelson
Student Recruitment Coordinator