Teachers, below is the list of GHP students that have RSVP back that they
will or will not attend the UGA College of Ag. Tour of Agriscience and
Biotechnology next Friday, Feb. 9 in Athens.  If your GHP student has not
RSVP back yet, please ask them to do so now to let them know if they are
going to attend or not.   More information and the contact information to
call is below.  Thanks for your help with this.  The contact information
for them to RSVP to is:

Please RSVP to the Academic Affairs Office at (706) 542-1611 by February 2
with the number attending as well as your academic area of interest.

Baer
Christopher

Barger
Christopher

Benson
Ansley

Berry
Vaneesha

Boswell
Rose
YES
Boyd
Heather

Bradley
Meagan
YES
Brown
Jesse

Bryant
Zeke

Burden
Kathryn
YES
Burnett
Katelyn

Cain
Nicholas

Cantrell
Elliott

Carrington
Nichelle'Le
YES
Carter
Alana

Christopher
Kayla

Coleman
Thomas

Collins
Ashley
YES
Cox
Jessica

Dye
Alex

Ellington
Justin

Etheridge
Katie

Gay
William

Griner
Rachel

Henderson
Holly

Hill
Victoria

Holcomb
Kaitlyn

Jacobs
Rachel

Jones
Taylor

Jones
Joshua

Kicklighter
Kella

Killoran
Jessica

Lanier
Kathryn

Lawson
Rebecca

McAvory
Emory

Milner
Javaris
YES
Moore
Ronald

Newberry
Daniel

Newhouse
Jeremy

Noles
Valerie

Orndorff
Alexa

Painter
Amber

Parrish
Shannon

Peavy
Benjamin

Pedraza
Felipe

Pope
Morgan
YES
Powell
Steven

Pritchett
Christopher

Quackenbush
Taylor
YES
Rozier
Brittany

Savelle
Patrick

Sigmund
Alex
NO
Sirah
Kristen

Slaughter
Rachel

Stowers
Seth

Sweeney
Andrea

Waters
Anna

Williford
Laura

Williford
Tabitha

Woods
Shakiyla
YES
Wright
Austin

Young
Ashley

Young
Brooke

Zorbaugh
Kayla

Teachers, if you have a GHP student who you nominated in Agriscience or
Environmental Science, then they should have received or be receiving a
letter in the mail to them at home inviting them to the tour at UGA in
Athens.  This is not part of the judging process, but a great chance for
them to meet some of the other nominees and to tour campus.  Please check
with your student and have them to RSVP right away to UGA and let them
know if they are attending or not attending.  Below is a copy of the
letter sent to them. The tour is on Friday, Feb. 9.  Their interview time
will be on the following day - Sat., Feb. 10 at Clayton State College. The
time for their interview is posted on the State DOE GHP website.  They can
check the time and other information for them at this site.  Slacks and
button down shirts are recommended for the tour since we will be taking
individual pictures of them for the newspaper.  Please, no jeans or
t-shirs or caps. Thanks for passing this information on to them.
Blane

Congratulations on your nomination to participate in the Governor's Honors
Program!
The University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental
Sciences would
like to invite you to visit our Athens Campus on Friday, February 9 for
our annual ?Tour
of Technology?. Registration and photos will begin at 8:30 a.m. in room
101 of the
Edgar L. Rhodes Center for Animal and Dairy Science. We have designed this
program
to give you a personal tour of Georgia's flagship university and
experience first-hand the
exciting research and academic programs taking place. The program will
conclude by
4:30 p.m.

We hope this will provide you an opportunity to learn more about
agriscience and
biotechnology prior to your important Governor's Honors Program interview
on
Saturday. It will also give you an opportunity to hear about academic
programs in our
College, as well as scholarship and admissions information for the
University of Georgia.

Please RSVP to the Academic Affairs Office at (706) 542-1611 by February 2
with
the number attending as well as your academic area of interest. Lunch
tickets will be
provided for you and a guest. Additional tickets may be purchased at lunch
for $8.65.
Also, please notify us of any special needs that you may have so we may
try and
accommodate them during your visit. Again, congratulations on this
nomination which
recognizes you for your outstanding academic success.

Sincerely,
Brice Nelson
Student Recruitment Coordinator