For FASEB Ciliate Meeting attendees:
__________

Below is a tentative schedule for the Ciliates in the Classroom workshop
scheduled for Wednesday, July 25th from 9:00-10:30. We have scheduled a few
presentations that we hope will generate interesting discussions, provide
useful tips for how you might use ciliates in your classrooms, and describe
some of the community resources that are available for involving students in
ciliate-based research. This schedule is subject to change as we get a better sense as to what people want from the workshop but for now it is what we hope to accomplish.

Schedule for CITC workshop

9:00 - 9:05 Introduction: Injecting genomics into undergraduate education

9:05 - 9:20 Functional genomics in the classroom using Paramecium; RNAi with undergraduates: Dean Fraga, College of Wooster

9:20 - 9:25 Discussion/questions

9:25 - 9:40 Functional genomics using Tetrahymena; a collaborative research
initiative: Emily Wiley, Claremont Colleges

9:40 - 9:45 Discussion/questions

9:45 - 10:00 Tetrahymena functional genomics for the laboratory and the
classroom: Douglas Chalker, Washington University

10:00 - 10:05 Discussion/questions

10:05 - 10:20 Making assessment work for you. General discussion about how to think about assessment and some examples of assessment approaches and tools you might consider.

10:20 - 10:30 (or more, time permitting) Open discussion about any educational topic.

--
Dean Fraga
Chair of Biology