This idea was on the NAAE list serve and I thought many of you would be
interested in doing this before you leave for convention.

Cindy W. Greene
Region Coordinator
Central Region Agriculture Education
Georgia Department of Education
711 Highway 57 West
Swainsboro, Ga.  30401
478-289-2552

----- Forwarded by Cindy Greene/SIA/DOE/GADOE on 10/15/2007 09:30 AM -----

"Shomo, Sally W." <[log in to unmask]>
Sent by: [log in to unmask]
10/11/2007 09:05 AM

cc

Subject
[Usaged-l] Better safe than sorry...

Something to think about as we prepare for our trip to Indianapolis...

*An additional layer of security...for our students

I hope this never happens, but if you lost a student at the National FFA
Convention or on any field trip, would you be able to give authorities a
good description of this student?  In time of panic, you probably wouldn't
even be able to identify your own child.  Before you leave for convention,
take a picture of each child on your digital camera.  Then if you need an
up-to-date picture, you've got it.  Better to be safe, than sorry.
According to statistics, 61% of missing children can be found if there is
an immediate picture.

Just something to think about.

Sally W. Shomo

Sally W. Shomo
NAAE Region VI Vice President
Agricultural Education Instructor/FFA Advisor
Beverley Manor Middle School
58 Cedar Green Road
Staunton, VA  24401
(540) 886-5806

Live simply.  Love generously.  Care deeply.  Speak kindly.