Steve Chapman with the Georgia Forestry Commission just called and asked if we would like to have a Forestry Field Day practice  in Hancock Co. The reason for Hancock County is because Dr. Slade Lail owns a tree farm there and is in the running for Tree Farmer of the Year.  The only available date for it is April 3, 2008.  If you and your Forestry Team would be interested in attending, please let me know by Monday, Oct. 8.  There are not many training field days in this part of the state and this is an excellent opportunity for you to get some practice in before the Region Field Days.

John Allen Bailey
Central Region
Area Forest Resource Teacher
711 Hwy 57 West