In this week's issue:

   1. International Photo Contest – This Friday!
   2. Campus Coffee Hour
   3. Spring Semester in New Zealand and Australia
   4. Study Abroad Scholarships
   5. Café Abroad

International Photo Contest—This Friday!!

Take a trip around the world, without ever leaving Athens!  Photographs
entered in the 2007 International Photo Contest:  The World in Pictures will
be displayed at Campus Coffee Hour on Friday, November 30th from 11:30-1:30
in Memorial Hall Ballroom.  We have received over 250 photographs that span
the globe!

Stop by on the 30th and vote for your favorite photo for the "People's
Choice Award", see the winning photographs from all three categories, and
mingle over coffee and snacks. Voting will close at 12:45 and winners will
be announced between 1:00 and 1:15.

Please direct questions regarding the contest to Monica Catalano at

Students, faculty, and staff from all over campus can mingle over coffee,
cultural presentations, and samplings of international foods. Friday,
November 30th from 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. Memorial Hall Ballroom. Contact:

***************

The University of Georgia is offering a *Spring Semester study abroad
program in New Zealand and Australia* (January 18 – April 1, 2008), open to
students of all majors and available for 13 – 15 credits in a wide variety
of disciplines including anthropology, ecology, geography, and international
affairs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. This is an experiential
program where we spend ~30% of our time in the classroom and ~70% traveling
in the field as a group with UGA instructors and local field experts,
exploring the cultural and natural environments of both countries.
Excursions and activities are also included in the program fee, such as
glacier hiking, dolphin swims, snorkeling on the Barrier Reef, and sea
kayaking. *All students (including out-of-state and non-UGA students) pay in
state tuition.*

The program fee is $6,795 (covering accommodation, in-country transport,
some meals, insurances, all excursions and activities) plus cost of airfare
(~$1,900) and regular tuition (at $171 per credit hour). Although the
published deadline is November 15, 2007 we have a few spaces remaining and
will continue to accept students until the program fills.

Information about the program, including an application form and itinerary,
can be found on our website at www.uga.edu/oie/southpacific. Also, please
email Maggie Miller on [log in to unmask] or call our office on
706.542.9713for more details.

***************

STUDY ABROAD SCHOLARSHIPS

STARS (Students Abroad with Regents Support) Stipend

Earn $500 towards your study abroad program by working 50 hours at the
Office of International Education during the upcoming Spring semester.  Work
stipend to be earned prior to studying abroad.  To download application
visit:

http://www.uga.edu/oie/sagensch.htm

Deadline:  November 30, 2007

**************

To all Spring 2008 study abroad students:

Café Abroad is a new nationally distributed magazine and network
designed for the study abroad community offering several internship
opportunities for students going abroad next semester. These positions
offer fantastic opportunities to write about and share your
experiences while abroad, or keep other students up-to-date on the
latest happenings in your region, country, or city. The application
information is attached to this message.

Café Abroad is currently seeking applicants for two positions:

Travel Journalists: to write articles about all aspects of their study
abroad experience.
Regional Managers: to maintain an events calendar and to manage a
regional team of writers overseas.

Additionally, even if you are not interested in contributing, feel
free to sign up for the website (it's free) and take advantage of the
insights, info, and insider tips.  You can post pictures, send
messages, write reviews of local concerts and entertainment events,
rate venues and network with your peers.

If you are interested in applying for these jobs, we encourage you to
do so as soon as possible. Opportunities for freelance work will also
be available throughout the semester.

If you have any questions or would like additional information about
Café Abroad please visit www.cafeabroad.com or contact us at

The application deadline for spring applicants is Sunday, December 23
and all decisions will be made by January 1.

--
Monica Catalano
Study Abroad Graduate Assistant