[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of PHYLLIS AND HOWARD
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 8:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]; FLORIDABIRDS
Subject: [SpaceCoastAudubon] Merrit Island NWR

The bird of the day on Peacock Pocket Rd. at MINWR had to be the female
Ruff! Also exciting to see was a King Rail highlighted by the morning sun, 1
each- Spotted and Solitary Sandpipers, dozens of Stilt Sandpipers, several
Dunlin, a few Semipalmated Sandpipers.

On Bio Lab Rd. the bird of the day was the Wimbrel. Semipalmated Plovers and
Stilt Sandpipers were abundant-at least 300-400 each; about 75 Black-bellied
Plovers in all degrees of color; About 25 Long-billed Dowitchers and more of
Short-billed; 1 Solitary Sandpiper. Wading birds are numerous, active and
beautiful!

Oak/Palm hammock was quiet. In a quick trip through, I saw only 1 Black and
White, I male American Redstart, 1 Parula, 1 Black-throated Blue.

Phyllis Mansfield,
Cocoa Beach
Every Day a New Adventure

Charlie Ewell