Dear Colleagues:

The Departments of Biology and Chemistry at St. Olaf College seek candidates for a joint tenure-track position in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry.  We are looking for a molecular biologist/biochemist who will contribute to the teaching in both departments (approximately 2/3 biology and 1/3 chemistry) and our biomolecular science program. In various semesters, teaching responsibilities would include molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, and a role in our joint chemistry and biology introductory course that we launched last year. The successful candidate will also be expected to develop a research program that includes undergraduate researchers. This is an exciting time for us as we have just moved into a new science facility.

We are attaching the full ad for this position as a pdf file (this is also available at http://www.stolaf.edu/offices/doc/jobs/jobpostingbiologychemistryTT.htm).  We would appreciate it if you would post the job description in your department and/or share it with suitable candidates. We are especially interested in recruiting minority candidates or other individuals who would add diversity to our faculty.  If you know of such a person, please bring these opportunities to his/her attention.

Please do not hesitate to give either of us a call or email us if you know of an exceptionally well-qualified candidate or have any questions about this position.

Thank you for your assistance with our search.

(Please share)

Eric S. Cole
Biology St. Olaf College