Hello Everyone,

We would like to wish everyone good luck with final tests and papers. Below are a few updates, events, and reminders.

I. REMINDER: No Coffee Hour until January
Just a reminder there will not be a Coffee Hour program this Friday. Coffee Hour will resume in January with the start of classes.

II. SIGN-UP FOR GRADUATION!
International Graduation Ceremony
Thursday, December 18 (ceremony date)
3:00 P.M.
Tate Student Center, Reception Hall
*E-mail Jackie Minus at [log in to unmask] to register or call (706)542-5867.

III. CONSTRUCTION IN MEMORIAL HALL
There is construction in Memorial Hall near the ISL Office. ISL is open for regular hours Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm.  If you need assistance getting to the ISL office please call (706)542-5867.

*********************SPECIAL MESSAGE********************
International Students & Friends:
Looking for a way to work on your spoken English during December?

We are pleased to offer a new ESOL course here at the Georgia Center!

Conversational English for Mixed Levelsfocuses on developing and strengthening fluency through group discussions,
small group activities and listening exercises.

* Expand your English vocabulary
* Increase your understanding of slang and informal expressions
* Practice conversing with students of all levels and               backgrounds

Students of all instruction levels are welcome.
No placement test is needed to join the class.

Days: Mondays & Wednesdays
Dates: December 8, 2008—February 11, 2009
(no class 12/24, 12/29, 12/31 or 1/19)
Time: 6:30—7:30pm
Cost: $149
Event #68095

For more information or to register:
Call 706-542-3537 or 1-800-811-6640
Email us at [log in to unmask]
Go to www.georgiacenter.uga.edu/ppd

***************************************
International Student Life
The University of Georgia
210 Memorial Hall
Athens, Georgia 30602-3108
USA

706-542-5867
www.uga.edu/isl

Leigh Poole, Director of International Student Life and Associate Director for Intercultural Affairs
Jessica Wells, Assistant Director of International Student Life
Jackie Minus, Administrative Assistant
Ashlee Perry, Graduate Assistant (Coffee Hour)
Jeananne Tiffany, Graduate Assistant (Organizations & Non-Resident Taxes)