As you are aware, we will dedicate a new cabin at the FFA/FCCLA Center near Covington on Friday afternoon immediately following adjournment of the Mid-Winter Teachers Meeting.  The cabin will be a great addition to the Center and will be named in honor of Melvin Johnson, in recognition of his service to the Camp and to agricultural education.  There will be a reception in the dining hall for Mr. Johnson beginning at 3;30 on Friday afternoon followed by the dedication ceremony to be held in Mobley Hall at 4:00.  The dedication ceremony will last approximately 30 minutes.  Governor Sonny Perdue is planning to attend the ceremony and speak during the dedication.  I encourage all of you to make your plans to attend the dedication ceremony.

I look forward to seeing you this week and to a great meeting.  If I can be of assistance, please let me know.

John K. Wilkinson
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East