The GA CattleWomen sponsors the GA BEEF Ambassador Program each year.  This year's the GA Beef Ambassador Program contest is scheduled for April 4, 2009 in conjunction with the GA Cattlemen's Convention / GA BEEF EXPO in Perry, GA, April 2, 3 & 4, 2009.

Nanette Bryan and her daughter Christy Bryan [log in to unmask] are in charge of the contest.  Contest rules are posted on the GA Beef website www.gabeef.org   Click on  GA CattleWomen and then click on contest (update)

There is a JR and SR division on the State level.  Only SR's ages 17-20 are eligible to participate in the National Contest.  National Beef Ambassador Program information can be found on www.nationalbeefambassador.org  GA Beef Ambassador winner will receive a trip to Ft. Smith, AR on October 16, 17 & 18, 2009 to represent GA at the National Beef Ambassador Program ( NBAP ) Contest.

Blog sites such as www.chewingthecud.com     or      www.raisingthesteaks.com

Some of GA's Beef Ambassador are:

Rebekah Estes ---  Student at ABAC,  Tifton, GA

David Martin, Student at UGA

Ward Black, Student at UGA

Christy Bryan, Student at UGA

Randi Walden, Student at ABAC

Brian Lance, Godfrey's Feed

Josh Cabe, Cabe Brothers Angus

Can you help me recruit students to participate in this Youth Program to promote Beef and the Beef Industry?  Hopefully post on your list-serve.  Thanks Marcia Callaway

770-583-5688

--
Christa Steinkamp
North Region - Area Livestock Teacher