I received this email earlier today.  Ernie worked closely with agriculture education teachers and the ag ed staff for a number of years.  We will miss him.

JKW

With great sadness we must inform you that Ernie Morgan passed away Sunday Jan 25th at approximately 9:00 am.  Ernie retired from Livestock Market News in Thomasville, GA January 1, 1998 after 37 years of service. Morgan, an Americus native, joined the Livestock and Seed division in 1960 as a livestock Market Reporter trainee at Memphis, TN.  He was assigned to Thomasville in 1964.  Among Morgan’s honors are: Honorary State Farmer Degree for Outstanding Service to Future Farmers of America Chapters nationwide; Honorary American Farmer Degree for service to Future Farmers of America chapters nationally; Outstanding Georgian Award, Served on the governor’s and State board of Education Task force.  An avid gardner and Thomasville High School football fan, Morgan was a member of the Thomasville City Board of Education from 1971 to 1984.  He was board vice chairman in 1974 and chairman in 1977 . Visitation will be Tuesday Jan 27th at Allen and Allen Funeral Home 110 W. Hansell St.  Services will be at 10:00 am Wednesday Jan 28th at First Baptist Church 210 N. Broad St Thomasville, GA.  Cards and letters of condolence can be sent to Jean Morgan P.O. Box 293, Thomasville, GA 31799.

Vicki Moore
USDA, AMS, Livestock  and Grain Market News
Phone 229-226-1641
Fax 229-558-9158
email [log in to unmask]

John K. Wilkinson