Does anyone know where I can find a sample of a document like the one to be used in the Ag Communications CDE editing exercise?  Here’s the description from the CDE guidelines.  I’m looking for something we can use in practice to prepare for the editing exercise.

Editing Exercise: Because editing is a critical skill for all communicators, each team member will complete an editing exercise. They will be given a printed document that contains 25 mistakes. In correcting the mistakes, team members will be required to use correct proofreader’s marks (see Associated Press Stylebook and Libel Manual). Style, grammar, punctuation and spelling mistakes will be included. Team members will NOT be able to use the style manual or a dictionary during the exercise.

Thanks,

Tim

Tim Savelle

Agriculture Teacher and FFA Advisor

Morgan County High School

1231 College Drive

Madison GA  30650

Voice 706-342-5036

Fax 706-342-5046

FFA MISSION:
FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth and career success through agricultural education.

AGRICULTURAL EDUCATION MISSION:
Agricultural Education prepares students for successful careers and a lifetime of informed choices in the global agriculture, food, fiber, and natural resources systems.