Good Morning,

I have had several questions about the Phase III GPS training that will be
offered on March.  Here are a few items that may address the questions
that you have.
1. The GPS Phase III workshops are intended to explain the four new
pathways. We will discuss the individual GPS units for each of the three
required courses in each Pathway. We will also discuss how to integrate
SAE and FFA into the curriculum.
 2. If you will be offering one of the four new Pathways at your school
then you are responsible for attending the workshop for that Pathway.
 3. In the past the Pathway workshops were conducted in conjunction with
the Mid-Winter Teachers Conference. We are now required to conduct these
workshops using the Educational Technology Centers.
 4. With the exception of the Basic Agriscience and Technology course, the
information at each of the four presentations will be different to address
the requirements of the individual Pathways.

Here is a copy of the registration information that was sent you in
January:

The Phase III GPS training will be conducted this year utilizing the
Education Technology Centers (ETC). There are four pathways that will be
presented. They are listed below with the dates and times for the
training. Additionally, the Phase I training will be conducted again. The
date and time is also listed below.

In previous years this training has been conducted at the Mid-Winter
Conference. We are now having to conduct the training using the ETC system
so that all of the presentation and interaction can be recorded for future
use.

To register for any of the training listed below please go to
www.ctaern.org.

Here is a link with information about the ETC system:
http://public.doe.k12.ga.us/it.aspx?PageReq=ETC

ETTC Locations:
Atlanta              Augusta               Cleveland             Athens
Lawrenceville     Valdosta               Grantville             Albany
Savannah          Ellaville                 Dalton Brooklet
Eastman           Kennesaw             Macon

Phase I
Agriscience: March 3, 2009    8:30 AM ? 12:00 PM

Phase III
Animal Science:   March 5, 2009     8:30AM ? 12:00 PM
Veterinary Science:   March 5, 2009    1:00 PM ? 4:30 PM
Agricultural Mechanics:   March 20, 2009    8:30AM ? 12:00 PM
Agribusiness Management:    March 20, 2009   1:00 PM ? 4:30 PM

Please let David Turner know if you need any additional information.

John K. Wilkinson
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East