Good Morning,

I have had several questions about the Phase III GPS training that will be offered on March.  Here are a few items that may address the questions that you have.

1. The GPS Phase III workshops are intended to explain the four new pathways. We will discuss the individual GPS units for each of the three required courses in each Pathway. We will also discuss how to integrate SAE and FFA into the curriculum.

 2. If you will be offering one of the four new Pathways at your school then you are responsible for attending the workshop for that Pathway.

 3. In the past the Pathway workshops were conducted in conjunction with the Mid-Winter Teachers Conference. We are now required to conduct these workshops using the Educational Technology Centers.

 4. With the exception of the Basic Agriscience and Technology course, the information at each of the four presentations will be different to address the requirements of the individual Pathways.

Here is a copy of the registration information that was sent you in January:

The Phase III GPS training will be conducted this year utilizing the Education Technology Centers (ETC). There are four pathways that will be presented. They are listed below with the dates and times for the training. Additionally, the Phase I training will be conducted again. The date and time is also listed below.

In previous years this training has been conducted at the Mid-Winter Conference. We are now having to conduct the training using the ETC system so that all of the presentation and interaction can be recorded for future use.

To register for any of the training listed below please go to
www.ctaern.org.

Here is a link with information about the ETC system:
http://public.doe.k12.ga.us/it.aspx?PageReq=ETC

ETTC Locations:

Atlanta              Augusta               Cleveland             Athens
Lawrenceville     Valdosta               Grantville             Albany
Savannah          Ellaville                 Dalton                 Brooklet
Eastman           Kennesaw             Macon

Phase I

Agriscience: March 3, 2009    8:30 AM – 12:00 PM

Phase III

Animal Science:   March 5, 2009     8:30AM – 12:00 PM
Veterinary Science:   March 5, 2009    1:00 PM – 4:30 PM
Agricultural Mechanics:   March 20, 2009    8:30AM – 12:00 PM
Agribusiness Management:    March 20, 2009   1:00 PM – 4:30 PM

Please let David Turner know if you need any additional information.

John K. Wilkinson
Program Manager, Agricultural Education
Georgia Department of Education
1752 Twin Towers East