We had a great group of Market Lamb, Goat, Steer, Hog, Breeding Heifer and Commercial Dairy Heifer Record Books turned in this year.  We recognized the following individuals at the Georgia Junior National Livestock Show Award Banquet on Friday, February 20th for their accomplishments.

Pre-Club Division I (Grades 1-2) Market Lamb Record Books: 4 Participants

1.         Will Woodard, Morgan 4-H

2.         Elise Webb, Elbert 4-H

3.         Anna Grace Bass, Elbert 4-H

4.         Ivey Cook, Tift 4-H

Pre-Club Division II (Grades 3-4) Market Lamb Record Books: 7 Participants

1.         Maddie Blue Matthews, Fannin 4-H

2.         Caley Driggers, Tift 4-H

3.         Griffin Webb, Elbert 4-H

4.         Jacob Bass, Elbert 4-H

5.         Darby Quakenbush, Banks 4-H

Junior Market Lamb Record Books: 10 Participants

1.         Claire Woodard, Morgan 4-H

2.         Jaime Webb, Elbert 4-H

3.         Grace Webb, Elbert 4-H

4.         Faith Gilman, East Jackson FFA

5.         Jarrett Baldwin, Hart 4-H

Senior Market Lamb Record books: 8 Participants

1.         Lindsay Josey, Franklin 4-H

2.         Scout Josey, Franklin 4-H

3.         Sammie Williams, Elbert 4-H

4.         Kate Josey, Franklin 4-H

5.         Newt Gilman, East Jackson FFA

Pre-Club Division I (Grades 1-2) Market Goat Record Books:  6 Participants

1.         Addie Ann Evans, Bartow 4-H

2.         Wyatt Chandler, Jackson 4-H

3.         Adam Tawzer, Franklin 4-H

4.         Thomas Roper, Pickens 4-H

5.         Ivey Cook, Tift 4-H

Pre-Club Division II (Grades 3-4) Market Goat Record Books:  5 Participants

1.         McKayla Alliston, Morgan 4-H

2.         Alice Kirby, Pickens 4-H

3.         Courtney Barber, Ware 4-H

4.         Davis Coleman, Colquitt 4-H

5.         Malcom Whitaker, Walton 4-H

Junior Market Goat Record Books: 10 Participants

1.         Faith Gilman, East Jackson FFA

2.         Matthew Crumley, Tift 4-H

3.         Lea Barrow, Colquitt FFA

4.         Memori Eavenson, Franklin 4-H

5.         Emily Hostetler, Pickens 4-H

Senior Market Goat Record Books: 6 Participants

1.         Sammie Williams, Elbert 4-H

2.         Newt Gilman, East Jackson FFA

3.         Melea Baldwin, Hart 4-H

4.         Moriah Eavenson, Franklin 4-H

5.         Katherine Kirby, Pickens 4-H

Junior Market Steer Record Books: 10 Participants

1.         Jared Cook, Tift 4-H

2.         Cody Corbett, Echols Middle FFA

3.         Jake Duncan, Carroll 4-H

4.         McKenzie Powell, Newton 4-H

5.         Sydney Arnold, Madison 4-H

Senior Market Steer Record Books: 21 Participants

1.         Katie Claxton, Perry High FFA

2.         Melissa Lance, Union 4-H

3.         Kim Chandler, Madison FFA

4.         Brittany Rigg, Lowndes High FFA

5.         Ben Duncan, Carroll 4-H

Junior Market Hog Record Books:  33 Participants

1.         Claire Woodard, Morgan 4-H

2.         Tyler Claxton, Perry Middle FFA

3.         Addie Thomason, Franklin Middle FFA

4.         Madison Hickey, Stephens FFA

5.         Travis Tankersley, Madison Middle FFA

Senior Market Hog Record Books:  39 Participants

1.         Katie Claxton, Perry High FFA

2.         Alex McLoughlin, Madison FFA

3.         Beth Hickey, Stephens FFA

4.         Kendal Hickox, Ware Magnet FFA

5.         Ronald Few, Alcovy High FFA

Junior Beef Heifer Record Books: 18 Participants

1.         Dillon Frazier, Colquitt FFA

2.         Samantha Strickland, Perry Middle FFA

3.         Kari Dylong, Newton 4-H

4.         Billy Gordy, Perry Middle FFA

5.         Claire Woodard, Morgan 4-H

Senior Beef Heifer Record Books: 29 Participants

1.         Sammie Williams, Elbert 4-H

2.         Saige Frazier, Colquitt FFA

3.         Melissa Lance, Union 4-H

4.         Matt Simmons, Oglethorpe FFA

5.         Shelby Eidson, Oglethorpe FFA

Junior Commercial Dairy Heifer Record Books: 12 Participants

1.         Courtney Thackston, Wilkes 4-H

2.         Shannon Thackston, Wilkes 4-H

3.         Logan Griffin, Wilkes 4-H

4.         Lauren Chafin, Wilkes 4-H

5.         Whitney Kirkpatrick, Coweta 4-H

Senior Commercial Dairy Heifer Record Books: 8 Participants

1.         Sarah Wibell, Morgan 4-H

2.         Katelin Benkoski, Morgan 4-H

3.         Tori Butcher, Coweta 4-H

4.         Emilee Brinton, Coweta 4-H

5.         Morgan Swann, Wilkes 4-H

Award recipients will be receiving information in regards to their savings bonds directly from the State 4-H Office in the next few days.  Any record books not picked up at the award banquet will be returned to the county office for 4-H members, or the school for FFA members.

Thanks for the generous support of the Record Book Program Award Donors:

Georgia Cattlemen’s Foundation

Georgia Club Lamb Producers Association

Georgia Milk Producers Association

Georgia Pork Producers Association

Godfrey’s Warehouse

Award recipients will also be receiving address information in regards to writing thank you notes to the donors.  Please encourage award recipients to take time to write a hand written note expressing their thanks.

Heather K. Shultz

4-H Program Coordinator I, Livestock

Hoke Smith Annex #321

Athens, GA   30602