Last April the delegates at the 80th Georgia FFA Convention received a motion to increase state FFA dues. The delegates voted to send that proposal to a committee. Therefore, at the 81st Georgia FFA Convention, a committee of nine student delegates (3 each from the South, Central & North regions) and three advisors (1 from each region) will meet to further consider that motion. The finance committee will meet on Friday, April 24, and report back to the delegates during the business session (6th general session) at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday morning, April 25. At that point the delegates will consider the proposal sent to them by the finance committee.

I am proud to announce the members of the Convention Finance Committee. These students and advisors were nominated to serve and have accepted this task.

Student members of the Committee

James Hale (Ola)

Collan Sanford (Gilmer County)

Katie Garrett (North Oconee)

James Judson (Bleckley County)

Hunter Smith (Peach County)

Matt Carter (Treutlen County)

Kelly Dekle (Seminole County)

Chet Johnson (Irwin County)

Caleb Crews (Brantley County)

Advisor members of the Committee

Mr. Stan Mitchell (North Oconee)

Mr. Kevin Jump (Bleckley County)

Mr. Chad Crews (Brantley County)

Once the members of the Finance Committee have received the information that I plan to send them, a copy of the Georgia FFA Financial Report for FY08 will be posted online at www.georgiaffa.org. Each chapter will receive a copy of the financial report in their chapter packet at the State FFA Convention. Attached to this email is a fact sheet pertaining to state FFA dues. Please share these documents with your students and encourage them to ask questions and form an opinion. You are welcome to contact the committee members in your region, or direct any questions to me if you need further information on this matter.

Thanks.    - Ben

Ben Lastly

Executive Secretary

Georgia FFA Association