The State FFA Forestry CDE will be held on May 6, 2009 at the
Swainsboro/Emanuel County Recreation Department in conjunction with the Pine
Tree Festival Timber and Equipment Expo.  We will begin registration at 9:30
am and the actual cde will begin at 10:00 am.  Linch will be provided by
Tommy Greene with Shug's catering at 11:30 am.  The students will compete in
their individual events that morining at the Team Activity will begin at
12:15 pm.  If one of your 4 people for the team activity is doing
reforestation, please tell them to inform the judges and they will be
allowed to go first.  Last year we had a small challenge with them not
getting finished as soon as the other events and this put us behind starting
the team activities.  Maybe this will eleviate this.  The Team Activity will
be a group effort as in the past.  Remember that the team participants must
be elligible to compete in the National Forestry CDE.  Please refer to the
rules for more details of the team activity.  If you have any questions,
please contact me.  If you need directions, email me and I will send you a
map.  Thanks and I look forward to seeing you on May 6 in Swainsboro.
--
John Allen Bailey
Central Region Forestry Teacher