Looking for a way to receive a WLC scholarship ($550 value) for your FFA Chapter?
Then start collecting canned goods to bring to the Georgia FFA State Convention. The FFA Chapter that brings the most canned goods will receive one WLC scholarship.
The Georgia FFA Alumni and Toyota will hold the Can Hunger - Million Can Challenge on Thurs., April 23 during the Georgia FFA Convention. FFA members and FFA Alumni affiliates are asked to donate canned goods that will be donated to the Macon Area Community Food Bank. The FFA Chapter that brings the most cans to the 2009 Georgia FFA State Convention will receive one Washington Leadership Conference scholarship valued at $550.
Can Drive Goals:
• Provide a hands-on opportunity for FFA and Alumni members to participate in service learning activities.
• Provide examples of youth/ adult partnerships working together to improve communities.
• Lay foundation for a solid relationship with local and regional Toyota dealerships.
Can Drive Incentives:
• The FFA Chapter bringing the most cans will receive one WLC scholarship valued at $550.
• The hours FFA members spend on the project can be submitted to the Million Hour Challenge initiative for service learning. The MHC project deadline is October 1.
Canned Food Drive Planning Guide (pdf document)
Additional opportunities will be available throughout 2009 for FFA Chapters and FFA Alumni Affiliates to participate by hosting local canned food drives in their community. FFA Chapters & FFA Alumni Affiliates interested in holding local canned food drives should contact Joy Carter via email. Scholarships will also be awarded to one FFA Alumni Affiliate for the 2009 State Leaders Conference in Colorado and one FFA Chapter for a 2010 WLC. Information on these two scholarship opportunities will be available soon at www.ffaalumni.org.
Visit www.ffaalumni.org for information.
Joy Carter Photography & Design
4101 London Lane
Tifton, GA 31793
[log in to unmask]
Rediscover Hotmail®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry Check it out.